Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Grandpa and Why to Celebrate Him


My Grandpa Joe passed away the other day. While I am very sad that he is gone I would like to focus on how wonderful he was to me and to my family.

My Grandpa Joe is not actually my Grandfather. He married my Grandma when I was very young and he is the only Grandfather I know. He took her grandchildren into his heart and made us feel like we were his blood. It takes a very special man to do a thing like that.

One of the last times I saw him I had the opportunity to tell him how wonderful he has been and how much I love him. He looked into my eyes and said, "You are a good Granddaughter." I am just so thankful that I had the opportunity to tell him how important he has been to me and to my family.

He was truly the most intelligent human being I have ever encountered. He retained every single bit of information. I don't know if he ever was tested, but there is no doubt in my mind that he was a genius.

He liked fruit more than any other person I have ever known.

He was a remarkable businessman who achieved real success as a result of a from-the-ground- up effort.

He was always smiling and had a sparkle in his eye. When he looked at you, you knew it and you felt lucky.

He loved nature and he loooved beautiful roses.

He collected art. Of course I love that!

There is really no way that I can do this man justice. How on Earth can I convey how thankful I am to have known him?

Finally, he loved my Grandmother. He knew what an amazing woman he married and he loved her so very much.

I am so sad that the world had to let go of such an amazing man, but I am eternally thankful that I knew him.

3 comments:

E.K. Wimmer said...

Thanks for writing that.

Anonymous said...

You said it so well, honey.
Love, Mom

Victoria said...

Love and Light to you and your family

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...