Friday, June 19, 2009

Connecting


Lately I have been feeling a new sense of connection. I am sure it is a result of the many ways in which my life has changed within the past few months. I was trying to think of the last time I felt this connected to everything and I couldn't really recall ever having felt quite this way.

It seems that I have always had an agenda, something that must be done. Lately, while I am still full of agendas, I feel as though I am more able to just be where I am at. I am not looking for anything. Living closer to family, having a garden, taking long walks through nature and not just city parks, being pregnant, feeling so happy with my marriage, being creative, being motivated.

What makes you feel connected?

3 comments:

AKM said...

Either being in nature or being in church make me feel connected and grounded. Both make me feel closer to God and the universe, and nature makes me feel at one with the earth while church makes me feel at one with my fellow man.

Reading a great book also does the trick, especially some great non-fiction self-help-y one with great insights.

Oh, and creating. For me, that's usually cooking. :-)

Oh, and being with my Jackie-Cat. I feel so lucky to be the caregiver of this wonderful creature and our connection amazes me. It's frightening just how alike we truly are, and I'm totally her mama even if I didn't acutally give birth to her.

I'll stop now. :-)

Angela K.M.

Meg Wolff said...

People, being in nature. When I had my first child and was nursing him one day I got this overcoming sense of connectedness to everything and every mother that ever lived. I know what you are talking about. It's wonderful.

Stacy said...

I feel connected by the people in my life, the fact that Rosy needs me and by using my creativity. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...