Monday, June 29, 2009

Poppies

I was wandering around the yard recently, thinking about how badly I need to borrow a weed whacker, when I spotted a little group of poppies. They had quietly grown up in a hidden potion of the yard, only announcing their presence when they had opened up.

The yard has been a source of constant surprise. Little flowers, herbs and other mystery plants keep popping up in little corners of the yard. Every time I find something new I wonder who planted it and what was their vision?


I wonder what will survive to see next summer and who will be living here at that point, we're going to have to move again next Spring. Same town, new place.


Thanks to my sweet hubby who went out and took some pictures for me because he knew how much I loved the poppies.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

lovely poppies!

moving again? will you be buying a home?

meg wolff said...

Maria Rose,
Is the poppy your favorite? Your husband sounds really sweet.

affectioknit said...

I absolutely love poppies - I've tried several times to grow them here with no luck :(

the dwellers said...

Surprise blooms are the best. We have been so blessed this yard as new flowers keep taking their turn to bloom.

We are planning to move again next spring as well, but I'm trying not to dwell on that right now.

Maria Rose said...

Elizabeth, you asked if we're buying a home. The answer is I don't know, but we'll be moving somewhere else regardless by next March.

Meg asked if poppies are my favorite. The answer is that I fall in love with every new flower and it's my favorite for the moment.

Robin said...

I remember my Grandmother always had poppies in her garden. Love them!

shellyfish said...

We have poppies that grow wild all around the city and the neighbouring villages - they even have poppy jams, liquer, etc. Ours are red though - love those light ones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...