Saturday, June 27, 2009

Two Thirds


Yikes. I have less than three months until my due date. Two thirds of the way done! I guess it's been kind of sneaking up on us for a while here (like 6 months), but I am really starting to get excited. My new morning alarm is being kicked in the gut from the inside out, a little creepy, but oddly reassuring.

The other day I finally had my first stranger ask when I am due. I was quite thrilled. Not half an hour later I was asked again. So, apparently I am looking pregnant now. Although I imagine the belly rubbing makes it a bit more clear. I think most people don't rub their bellies if there isn't a baby involved, although I could be wrong. I will have to test my hypothesis.

Every Saturday I go online to several sites and see what progress our little girl has made. This week she's opening her eyes and more of the kicking (I'm sure) will happen. We are also into the realm of reassurance that she'd have a good chance of survival if she was born today although I'd like to cook her a little bit longer thank you very much.

Now that the third trimester is upon me I suddenly feel a little frantic about all of the things that still need to get done before she arrives. I guess I had better get busy!

11 comments:

E.K. said...

Bum's such a momma's girl, look at her...redunkulous.

Chrissy said...

LOL, that picture of you and your first baby is priceless!.. I bet she senses somethin.... My grandmother's dog was so gentle when my first one was around her.. she got close but not too close...

Maria Rose said...

Yes, we think Bumblebee will do quite well with our little girl. She was very respectful when we have babysat for friends in the past. I think maybe she'll be interested in chewing baby toys...we'll see.

Sarah Kramer said...

Wonderful photo!! :)

Thomas said...

Maria Rose,
That is so exciting!

Bumblebee is the cutest. You should enter him in a contest.

..... Carmen said...

I have a really cool PG journal from when I was PG with Grace. I am guessing you are around 28 weeks? It says here that for 87 days to go, that your baby's eyes will be completely formed and lashes are forming. Then at 86 days it says the baby's sucking and swallowing skills are improving. On day 84 it says that your baby measures almost 10 inches and weights 2 1/2 pds. So there's some extra info for you. I loved reading about how Grace was developing when she was still in utero :)

Annie said...

What a cute picture. :-) I love your dress!

I only have a week to go and I'm not ready at all. I hope it will go two weeks overdue like last time.

Stacy said...

Bumblebee really is too precious!

Robin said...

You look so relaxed in that photo!

Yep, get busy now. It sneaks up on you fast!

Court said...

Right there with ya! I hit the six months next week... eek. But sadly, people have been asking for a month when I'm due. I guess you really stick out with the second one.

shellyfish said...

I remember feeling so reassured when I hit the 3rd trimestre. I had contractions from month 4, so we were all really on edge- Guppy of course came the day after her due date in a very grandiose manner...
bumblebee is just too sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...