Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dog Bed

First I wanted to thank you for your suggestions yesterday. I will surely be preparing a few vegan meals in advance of the arrival of our baby. It feels weird to call her the baby...we've actually decided on a name we just aren't announcing it on the Internet at the moment. Hmmm, maybe I should come up with a temporary baby nickname. Any suggestions? The poor girl will be saddled with about a million nicknames in her life (my family hands out nicknames like they're going out of style), why not give her one before she even leaves the womb?

In addition to the preparation of food I am planning several weeks of menus and grocery lists. I don't know about you, but I can spend an hour planning a menu for the week. I assume that having a few of those handy will free up some time as I get my feet wet with this whole parenting thing.

I have also been ramping up my thesis writing efforts and have really been making progress, but a girl can't spend all of her time (or at least more than a 2 hour stretch) focused on French Baroque. The days have been too lovely to sit in front of the computer for very long.


So, I spent part of the afternoon making Bumblebee a new dog bed. Her old dog bed was looking a little bit nasty. OK it was a lot nasty. I just threw this together really quickly and assumed that she would love it. So far she has completely rejected it. I am sure she will come to love the new bed, but for now she is giving me the evil eye as she lays on the couch.

After yesterday's successful completion of the dog bed I laid back on the couch and had some peanuts and an orange drink. Lovely. What have you been up to?

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, I love the fabrics on that dog bed!! I'm sure Bumblebee will love it.

Little one nicknames: Bean, Baby Love... I'm tapped out because I'd probably go with Spawn or something. Yeah, my sense of humor is weird.

I just had a phone interview (shhh...) for a job at The Art Institute. It just went okay. Otherwise, not much to report.

AKM said...

I like the nickname Peanut. In fact, my darling cat Jackie is often nicknamed "Princess Peanut." You can borrow that if you'd like. ;-)

I had a coworker once who called his daughters the "little spuds." Funny how people use food so often for nicknames...what's up with that?

shellyfish said...

I didn't know you were working on a thesis - masters or phd?
Frozen meals are a godsend, so I would indeed second that. I was soooo lucky because my mamafish came when Guppy was born...I had a nasty, emerency c-section and couldn't have done meal prep alone.
Love that dogbed - great fabrics. Bumblebee will come around!

Chrissy said...

Love the patchwork... She probably isn't too thrilled because her smell isn't on it... what if u rub something she has lain on on the new dog bed? I like the name Stacy came up w/ Baby Love....

affectioknit said...

Well I love Bumblebee's new bed - it's just lovely!!!

Robin said...

That dog bed is awesome! BumB doesn't know how good she's got it yet!

I'm getting ready to go home for the weekend and the rodeo. See lots of people, have a B-day party for Fritz.

Wish you were there!

E.K. said...

She already has a nickname remember...Miette!

Paisley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the dwellers said...

Love the colors on the patchwork.

Good luck with the nicknaming, that's almost as difficult as the real naming :)

Tammie said...

the dog bed is adorable. bumblebee doesnt know what shes missing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...