Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baby Shower

Yesterday was the baby shower! I have been anticipating the event for months and months. I awoke to a beautiful day and I was so excited to go to this party. I looked at it as a time to celebrate this little girl that we are expecting in just over a month.

Photobucket
Aren't these flowers beautiful?

I was so touched when our family friend Kim offered to throw the shower since Eric and I are pretty new to the area. Wow, did Kim ever deliver an amazing shower! First of all she went above and beyond and created a vegan luncheon!

Photobucket
One of many super-delicious salads.

She had a variety of seriously delicious salads and these mouthwatering muffins. All of the guests were raving about the food!

Photobucket
A few of the guests...my mom is in the orange dress.

The guests were a great mix of people and everyone seemed to genuinely enjoy each other's company. There wasn't a moment of awkward silence, it was all so easy and happy.

Photobucket
Gifts

After lunch and some good conversation we opened gifts. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am that people were so generous and thoughtful. I am very happy to bring a little girl into such a kind and giving world!

Photobucket
The vegan cake!

After the opening of gifts we had some delectable vegan cake! Yum, yum, yum. I left the party feeling deep gratitude. So thankful that my mom was there being the remarkable woman she is, that all of these new friends and amazing women were there to show their support and offer their tidbits of wisdom, thankful that we are finding friends and a home here in Wyoming, thankful that my aunt drove all the way down for the day. Just so thankful.

15 comments:

Annie said...

We've only recently started to have baby showers in Finland. Your mom looks so pretty! Trying to write with one hand while breast-feeding...

45+ and Aspiring said...

What a cute cake! Sounds like a lovely time. You are so sweet.

Just over a month! My how time flies! I better get movin' :)

Have a great day you beautiful sunshine woman.

..... Carmen said...

Looks like it was a very special day :) I'm glad you and your little lady were so pampered!

mrs boo radley said...

Looks like a marvelous day! I love the shot of all the guests. What a nice celebration.

Do you have names picked out?

Sarah Kramer said...

YAY

Stacy said...

Yay! How wonderful!

affectioknit said...

Oh what fun!!! What a sweet cake!!!

sophie said...

what a beautiful party! baby showers are so fun.

Robin said...

Glad you had a good time!

Our Green Nest said...

What fun! Hope it was a special day for you!

the dwellers said...

What a blessing to be showered with love and fun treasures.

Everything was beautiful, especially those roses!

Paisley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria Rose said...

Paisley. I have no idea if the furniture is leather or not, it may have been synthetic for all I know. With that said, yes leather does bother me. I don't have anything leather at all. Although I do know vegans who use second hand leather. To me it is just creepy. If I am in a public situation I don't bring it up because a)it could be synthetic b)I am not the vegan police (people are not receptive to impromptu lectures).

Paisley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shellyfish said...

How sweet! I always regretted not getting to have a "real" baby shower. When I was pg we'd just moved to a new little village away from the city, I didn't know anyone, and I couldn't work anymore due to pg proglems so I was isolated from everyone.
However, my sweet sister in the US sent me a "shower in a box" filled with gifts for guppy- it was so sweet. Yours looks like it was lovely, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...