Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I just had a VERY busy day. Yesterday was non-stop from beginning to end. I am not complaining, it's nice to have a purpose, but yikes this was one crazy day.

8/5/09
Here is a photo taken on a less intense day. I looked so relaxed, sigh.

It all started very early. I woke up at a ridiculous hour because my unborn daughter decided that it was high time she started practicing her clog dancing, in utero. While I think I will support her in any hobby she may develop, I think it's a bit early. When I realized that there was just no going back to sleep I decided to get up and get moving. I packed Eric's lunch, made breakfast, took the dog out for her morning business and got dressed. All before 7am.

Once we were all ready I took Eric to work and then took Bumblebee on a nice walk along the river. While on our walk we spotted a very old man who was slowly jogging. He was going so slowly that I think I was walking faster than him, but it didn't matter because he was just doing his own thing and I admire that. It made me smile when I took a close look at him and noticed that he had on polyester, an engineer's cap and had a pocket full of fresh flowers. He wished me a good day as he slow-mo jogged by.

Once I was done walking Miss Bumblebee I dropped her off at home and headed to VBS. I am teaching this week. So, from 9-noon I had different groups of little kids ages 4-12 come into my "classroom." I had a good time, but I learned a) why humans don't often have litters of children b) I like it when little kids call me Miss Maria.

After all of that I ran errands. Admittedly I had to fit in a mid afternoon nap. I picked up my hubby from work and we took Bumblebee on another short stroll (she's a bit spoiled). Then we met a friend (yep a friend) for coffee and a visit to the farmer's market. We had a lovely time and then came home and had a late dinner.

I told you it was a VERY busy day. What have you been up to?

12 comments:

Tammie said...

that does sound like a busy day.

congrats on your friend. :)

Annie said...

Wait till the baby is born. Then you'll be real busy. :-) Depends on her temperament though...

"Miss Maria" - I remember when kids first called me Miss at school. I felt so old! :-D

..... Carmen said...

Wow! That is a busy day. Love that you were teaching VBS. I have great memories of it as a child.

Hello Lindello said...

Sounds like a busy nice day! I like your eye makeup in that picture! I had a busy day too: worked, ran errands, helped a friend pick out a brides maid dress (yuck), and caught up on photographs for etsy. Today I'm hoping to get a run in and visit a friend. I can't wait to see your little baby girl! Is her room all ready?

Stacy said...

Yay for a friend! Bumblebee is a lucky dog indeed... although Rosy gets two walks a day too.

Elizabeth said...

you are so pretty!

and it sounds like a lovely sort of busy! i've been a busy bee, too. hopefully i will get some of the pictures and good times up on my blog in the next day or two!

hugs to your little clog dancer. :)

AKM said...

Yay! You made a friend! I had no doubts. ;-)

I'm doing VBS this week, too! It's a lot of fun, and now I'm meeting lots of people at my new church. Yes, that many little ones at once? A bit tiring! (I'm a crew leader, which means I supervise and lead my group from activity to activity.)

Robin said...

You are such an early bird! Yuck!

I'm still packing boxes. Not moving yet, but have found the packing keeps my hopes up for a house!

Emily said...

Those kind of days just fly by. And speaking from experience, teaching kids is both rewarding and exhausting! I'm glad you fit in a nap.

jumbleberryjam said...

Love that photo! I can see your little girl in it :-) We are in serious touring mode now - yesterday it was Victoria, B.C. tomorrow it's the San Juan Islands for whale (orca) watching! DH will be working again soon, so enjoying every last second of vacation!

Court said...

Not sleeping either here. This BOY inside me is invading and has hung a no girls allowed sign on the womb. Little does he know on the other side of it is an eviction date. Mwhahahaha

sophie said...

Wow, sounds like a busy but really lovely day. My Siena used to love a good kick just under the ribs, it really hurt!!

So happy to read the word friend in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...