Sunday, August 9, 2009

Old Love/ Another Reason to Think I am Nosy

Living in a neighborhood one tends to become aware of their neighbors and their lives without really making much effort. Comings and goings are noticed, barking dogs are frowned upon, simple greetings are shared---it's just part of living in a neighborhood. So, we weren't exactly spying on our neighbors when we noticed that there was a little love brewing in the neighborhood. Let me explain...

There is an older woman who lives just a bit down the street from us. She has long white hair and seems to hang out with a sister. She spends time in her yard and at night she turns on white Christmas lights. Until yesterday this was my limited knowledge of her.

Rose

Eric and I were sitting in the living room, where we have a direct view of her house, and noticed that an older gentleman in a truck had pulled up. Eric mentioned that he thought they were dating. This piqued my interest (I am nosy) and we both kept a casual eye on her house. He got out of his car and was dressed up cowboy style, very clearly to make an impression on his lady love. We watched as she exited her house. She was dressed up in a long pink dress, her white hair pulled back. Her gentleman caller opened the car door for her and they were off for a night on the town. Later we saw him smilingly walk her to her front door, a perfect gentleman!

Anyway, I was just so happy to see a new love between these people. It's always wonderful to watch people who seem to be genuinely in love and even better to be reminded that there is no age limit.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

I love watching that type of thing too. When I go out to eat, I like to watch the newly dating and long term love couples and read their body language. Wonderful!

Gen said...

That is so sweet.

Court said...

Aww, I love watching my parents together. They are so cute. I just don't want to see the mushy stuff. But love that has developed over decades is a beautiful thing.

Christina Lowry said...

Love doens't ever grow old, does it. :)

sophie said...

how beautiful...that just made my day!

..... Carmen said...

That's beautiful :)

AKM said...

That's darling! It IS always so precious to witness love in all its forms.

And gadzooks, I HOPE there's no age limit on "young love"! I'm 34, and sometimes I worry that I'm running out of time. ;-)

Robin said...

How sweet is that? Awesome.

heather said...

I love the charming pictures you paint of the people around you. It's really fun to dip into the love of affair of an older woman and her cowboy, even if just for a minute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...