Saturday, August 22, 2009

Out to Lunch

My parents have been out of town the past week. Eric and I have been house sitting for them until recently. After a 16 hour travel day on Thursday they were back home in Wyoming. They stopped by our house supposedly to show us their pictures and see the crib before we headed out to lunch, but I suspect it was also to get a dose of Bumblebee's rampant enthusiasm. Bumblebee certainly delivered her trademark joie de vivre.

After looking through the photos of their trip we headed out to a new restaurant. Eric and I are always prepared to be a little disappointed when we try out new restaurants; not every place has many vegan options. Usually we can find something to eat at any establishment. Yesterday's restaurant was in a converted home. They served lots of fresh foods, wraps and such. Eric and I were in luck and they even had a few choices for us!

I had to start with a raspberry lemonade. I think this is the quintessential summer drink. I am in love with raspberry lemonade. Have you had it? If not, I recommend that you stop what you are doing and run in a panic to the nearest raspberry lemonade dealer.

Photobucket

We had a good time catching up with my parents in the quaint little restaurant.

Photobucket

Lunch arrived and it was the perfect size, not too much and not too little. I had a roasted red pepper, hummus, spinach and sprout wrap accompanied with a light salad. Perfect for a summer afternoon.


Photobucket

I love when I go to a restaurant and get the perfect amount of satisfaction. I had great company (although Eric and my dad geeked out and made weird jokes most of the time) and great food and of course RASPBERRY LEMONADE!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely time. I felt that you and I were quite civilized and classy anyway.
Mom

Emily said...

Looks yummy! I love roasted red peppers. I'm glad you had good food and good company.

Josiane said...

It's so nice when a new restaurant agreeably surprises us! Looks like it was indeed a perfect luch!
I've never even seen raspberry lemonade around here... I guess I'll have to make some for myself!

Chrissy said...

That food looks delish!... Great shot of your parents!.

Stacy said...

I LOVE raspberry lemonade! Delish!

sophie said...

I don't think I have ever has raspberry lemonade!! I will have to try and make some when it warms up a bit more here (although raspberries are insanely expensive here). What a great looking lunch!

Paisley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Yay for good lunches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...