Monday, August 3, 2009

Project

The past few evenings I have been busy at work on a little piece of artwork for our little girl. Eric and I have been compiling our family trees, as you may already know. It has been quite an interesting project. Eric has been able to follow one family line back to the 13th century!

I decided to take a portion of our family tree and turn it into a little piece of artwork for our little girl. I don't know about you, but it seems like a great way to feel connected to the past. So, I have been making a family tree that goes only to Great Great Grandparents.

Photobucket

The project has turned into something a little bit larger than I first considered, lots of planning and consideration went into the process. I am also really enjoying the process of seeing where our family histories merge. I have not yet finished it, but I think it's coming along quite nicely.

What projects have you been working on?

10 comments:

heather said...

You're dedication to providing your little girl with a sense of place, a deep connection to her ancestry is so beautiful. It's really inspiring.

Chrissy said...

I love that drawing u are working on... watercolor, I assume? wow the 13th century... how interesting.. good luck on finishing that history as well as the painting.

Stacy said...

Oh, I love!! I can't wait to see the final product.

..... Carmen said...

You'll have to post up a photo of it when you are finished! Looks wonderful so far :) My Dad's side of the family has kept a family tree that goes to his parents... but with his family having ten children, the tree is rather large. New spouses and kids get added on every year. It's really something to see!

Imene said...

I would love to see a finished picture of it. Right now I'm organizing my whole house. one room at a time, I even think I will post about it. What do you think?

jumbleberryjam said...

Oh wow! Can't wait to see the finished product! :-) What a lucky girl!

We've just been house hunting and working magic to get DS into the right (and only acceptable one IMHO) preschool, DH to land not one but TWO job offers and to find suitable (if not perfect) housing...takes all the creative energies I've got! :-)

Nikki Cardigan said...

What a brilliant idea Maria. You are very clever... and I suspect Eric is too!!!

Sapphire Island said...

your cat looks just like my cat! x

Elizabeth said...

oh! i will love to see this when it is done!

i'm thinking it would be fun to make one for our family to hang up with a group of family pictures . . .

Amanda said...

Hey Maria Rose,

What medium do you work in? Watercolor, oil, acrylic? I can't tell from the pic - although I suspect watercolor - and would love to know......
:)
Amanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...