When I think of summer I always have a few memories that come to mind. I thought I would share:
- I think of dog fashion shows. One summer when I was about 8 I held a dog fashion show in the backyard. Our beagle Chloe was given pigtails and of course she won...though I was the judge of the dog fashion show. I may have been a bit biased.
- I think of going to the farmer's market in Missoula and looking for the delicious Flathead cherries, buying fresh flowers and people watching.
- I think of babysitting for Robin. I spent many summers babysitting a young girl with down syndrome.
- I think of searching for stray cats and dogs that I could bring home and beg my parents to let us adopt. I have a real skill for finding stray animals. I am sure my parents really appreciated it.
- I think of car rides and family vacations. Talking, laughing and occasionally annoying my family.