Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer

Holy guacamole! Can you believe it's already nearing the end of August? Summer is almost over. We've had a few cooler days lately and it's really been making me think about what I need/want to do before summer is over. I feel like this whole summer has flown by.

Photobucket

When I think of summer I always have a few memories that come to mind. I thought I would share:

  • I think of dog fashion shows. One summer when I was about 8 I held a dog fashion show in the backyard. Our beagle Chloe was given pigtails and of course she won...though I was the judge of the dog fashion show. I may have been a bit biased.
  • I think of going to the farmer's market in Missoula and looking for the delicious Flathead cherries, buying fresh flowers and people watching.
  • I think of babysitting for Robin. I spent many summers babysitting a young girl with down syndrome.
  • I think of searching for stray cats and dogs that I could bring home and beg my parents to let us adopt. I have a real skill for finding stray animals. I am sure my parents really appreciated it.
  • I think of car rides and family vacations. Talking, laughing and occasionally annoying my family.
What are some of the things you think about when you think of summer?

7 comments:

shellyfish said...

Summer really is my favourite season, and I feel like this year I really missed out on it...but I've had some great picnics with Guppy and lots of fun in the forest, too.
Hey, I have my first painting up!

Hello Lindello said...

This summer went too fast! When I think of summer I think of fresh cut grass, wearing sandals, fruit, argos laying in the sun every morning, and swimming!

Stacy said...

I think of walks along the Niagara River and fresh foods and ice cream and happiness. I love summer!

Robin said...

Robin isn't young anymore! I think she is 25 now? She is living at the Special K ranch near Billings and has become quite independant. I remember watching her during my library hours in high school. She liked to learn!

45+ and Aspiring said...

I remember spending summers at my grandparents house with my sister and catching lightening bugs with my cousins and playing "statues."

I remember having yard sales with other kids in our apt complex and basically just buying each others' stuff.

I remember sitting on the front steps and listening to the radio with my sister and her friend and charging them to go ask boys questions for them.

I remember spending the entire day at the city pool with my friend and eating frozen 3 musketeers bars while sitting on top of the picnic table.

sophie said...

fruit!! all the exotics come out in summer, mangoes, watermelon, peaches, nectarines, I LOVE summer fruit. I love daylight savings, days that go on forever. Just feeling warm as soon as you wake up is awesome, being able to wear a tank top all day!! It's the simple things. Warm weather makes me happy.

Linda said...

Really like your blog, you write so well. I`ll be back to read more.

Summer to me is picking and eating strawberries, going swimming in the cold cold ocean, fishing, playing in the grass, reading books in the shadow of a tree...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...