Friday, September 4, 2009

Date

Eric and I have a great history of making our dates unusual and memorable. Our first date, when I was 16 and he was 17 was no exception. We had already been something of a couple for about a month before we went on an official first date. Eric and I decided to go all out for the date. Eric wore a green polyester suit and had crimped hair (hey it was the 90s) and I wore a 1950s ball gown that looked as though it came straight from the closet of Glenda the Good Witch (hey it was the 90s). We went out to eat at a great little Mexican restaurant in our New Mexican town. After dinner we went to a gallery opening where we were both showing our art. We showed up in big style...or at least made a scene with our choice of attire. We stayed at the gallery opening talking with friends before retreating to a coffee shop to just talk with each other. Thus was the foundation of our relationship. We've had many dates in the nearly 12 years that we've been a couple and all of them seem to contain some variety of those elements.

Photobucket
This photo is from June, I look more pregnant now...

Today Eric and I are going on a date! We realize it may be a long stretch before we get another opportunity to go on a date (with a new baby and all) with just the two of us, so we're going to make it happen today. I am not exactly sure what we're going to do, but I have no doubt that it will involve many of the above described elements. Let's just hope I don't make this date extra memorable by going into labor....

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow, that really would make the date memorable!

the dwellers said...

No costume changes... I think you should go for a total glamour tonight and save the hospital gown for another time :)

Have a great date night!

Emily said...

Enjoy your time together today!

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

Do they make maternity Glenda The Good Witch Dresses? I hope so...cause that would be awesome! You guys have a great date! Andy and I are going on one ourselves tonight. :)

Maria Rose said...

No Good Witch Maternity gear. At this point I am rotating between about 4 outfits that are comfortable for me to wear...only 22 days until I am due!

Anonymous said...

I will be hoping that you go on PLENTY of dates after she is born as I am so ready to help out with the babysitting. Mom

Maria Rose said...

Of course, but it will take us a bit to be able to be away from her.

Robin said...

22 days!!!! I didn't realize it was that close! I'm excited for you guys. Enjoy your date night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...