Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pajamas...a Lot of Info About a Random Topic.

I am not much of a pajamas type of girl. Generally I wear shorts and a t-shirt to bed. If it's cold I upgrade to sweatpants. I've never really given this much thought until this past week.

Photobucket

Amid my frantic over preparation for my impending due date I have been taking in loads of advice and one thing that keeps coming up is that I need to invest in a pair of button front pajamas. Well, I decided that it was high time I take a walk on the wild side and buy myself some pajamas.

I went to the store the other day in search of some cute, but really inexpensive pajamas. I found inexpensive pajamas that didn't boggle my mind or anything, but they were really soft so I went for it. I took the pajamas into the dressing room. I assumed that if I could fit into them now I'd be able to do so in the coming weeks (they're drawstring). I stood in the dressing room for several minutes trying to decide if I should pull the waistband over my big belly or keep it under. I opted for under. These are the dilemmas of pregnant ladies...or at least this lady. After several minutes of turning from side to side, mostly because I haven't spent much time in a dressing room this year, I decided to go for it. I got back into my normal clothes and the dressing room attendant gave me a knowing smile as I took my pajamas with me. I am not sure why, but I felt a little bit victorious as I walked out of the store.

I took my new pajamas home and left them sitting in their bag for a few days. Eric kept asking me when I was going to wear them. I told him I was saving them like an outfit for the first day of school. He mentioned that he thought I was weird and that I should just go ahead and wear the pajamas. I thought it was weird that he cared, but last night I decided to go ahead and give the pajamas a trial run.

We settled in for a movie night and I felt like I was at a slumber party or something. Like I should eat popcorn and have a pillow fight. Instead we sat on the couch and watched our movie while I ate a bowl of cereal. After the movie I changed into my usual shorts and a t-shirt, it was a little too hot for the full pajama effect, but I have to admit, they were a little bit heavenly. I may be a convert.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

you are too funny!

i hate pajamas. i haven't worn real pajamas since i was really little. i always sleep in a tank top and either cropped pants or sweatpants. always. :)

Josiane said...

Cute picture! I love that wearing your pajamas made you feel like there should have been popcorn and a pillow fight!
I love pajamas! I have so many that I can't wear them all. Actually, I almost always go back to the same ones, but I can't get rid of the other ones. I guess I keep them in case the mood strikes to wear them...

Our Green Nest said...

I'm a gown girl...even in the winter I wear a gown over sweat/yoga pants :)...Nursing gowns are wonderful...perfect for co-sleeping or any nursing really. I like belabumbum ones the most...You look comfy in your pjs! :)

the dwellers said...

I bought a new pair of button front jammies for each birth. So nice for nursing and more modest than those breezy, little hospital gowns :) Cute photo.

Robin said...

You will come to love the button down!

Apron Required said...

You have such a cute blog. I saw your comment on my ages ago but have just gotten around to checking yours out. I love what you say about the little joys in life. There is no simpler or purer joy than you will feel when you hold that precious baby in your arms for the first time. I have never lost the awe of that feelings. I can still just stare at him. Good luck with your impending arrival! It is definitely life changing.

sophie said...

My husband has bought me new PJs for each birth, and I CANNOT wear them until after I have had the baby. Even though they are inexpensive nothing special PJs, they are my hospital PJs and I wont break the rule!!

Imene said...

This is so funny. I am so not a pajama person just like you. In fact i own 3 of them. One for each child;0) i only bought them for the hospital

affectioknit said...

Love the purple pajamas...

Nikki Cardigan said...

The advice to buy yourself some button front pyjamas is great advice. Despite your prior lack of pj wearing, I suspect you'll find that many a nights AND days are spent in your button front pyjamas in those first few months as a mum.

I love that the pyjamas needed a trial run... you made me laugh!!! For what it's worth, you look very cute.

Stacy said...

I'm a shorts and t-shirt girl too. Actually, my favorite t-shirt needs to be retired, it has been so loved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...