Monday, October 12, 2009

Fast Education: Thirteen Days

Photobucket

Well I have officially been a mother for 13 days. This has been one fast education, but Eric, Cordelia and I are beginning to learn about each other. Here is what I know so far (in bullet points because they make me feel so happy):

  • Her hobbies include: staring at faces and lights, nursing and filling her diapers.
  • Eric is really good at being a father. I love watching him care for her.
  • She is remarkably laid back. We were prepared (and still are) for a non-stop crier, but she is really pretty content to just observe the world. She seems happy.
  • It never gets boring to stare and her.
  • She makes some freaky faces in her sleep.
  • She is really sweet to me and always saves her poops for when her dad is holding her. It's kind of amazing. He'll hold her for 10 seconds and it'll be time to change her.
  • She has a much stronger neck than I expected.

16 comments:

AKM said...

Great picture! You two ladies look beautiful.

mrs boo radley said...

Lovely babe!

Emily said...

Staring at a new baby is the best entertainment around. =)

..... Carmen said...

Those early days are so sweet - ok, I think almost ALL the days are sweet, but when they are so little and fit on your lap, simply delightful. Enjoy soaking her in!

Sarah Kramer said...

I'm so happy for you guys. ;)

Stacy said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you!

Hello Lindello said...

What a sweet photo and bundle of joy! You guys look so happy. Shes smart girl waiting to poo for here daddy :)

Annie said...

Lovely. I love the photo. Both of my kids have also had a strong neck and have been really curious and alert from the beginning. Maybe it's a vegetarian/vegan thing. ;-)

Our Green Nest said...

Such a beautiful shot!!!

Karlene Kamelle said...

What a beautiful picture! That's so thoughtful of Cordelia to save her poops for Eric. :)

Christina Lowry said...

I remember Cohen at this age was a world champion hiccup-er. He could even hiccup in his sleep! :)

Linda said...

Adorable photo!!

And if you want to know what a kicksled is, check out this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kicksled (It's a LOT of fun!!)

Anonymous said...

I need a copy of that photo!!

Mom

Mommy's Nintendo said...

Sorry I'm so late with my congratulations. She is beautiful! Welcome to the Mom Club. :)

belinda

Robin said...

What a pretty Mommy you make!

Meg Wolff said...

Maria Rose,
Love this photo! I'm going backwards looking for the post where Cordelia is born. Just realized that I haven't visited in awhile! Congratulations!!!
She's beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...