Well I have officially been a mother for 13 days. This has been one fast education, but Eric, Cordelia and I are beginning to learn about each other. Here is what I know so far (in bullet points because they make me feel so happy):
- Her hobbies include: staring at faces and lights, nursing and filling her diapers.
- Eric is really good at being a father. I love watching him care for her.
- She is remarkably laid back. We were prepared (and still are) for a non-stop crier, but she is really pretty content to just observe the world. She seems happy.
- It never gets boring to stare and her.
- She makes some freaky faces in her sleep.
- She is really sweet to me and always saves her poops for when her dad is holding her. It's kind of amazing. He'll hold her for 10 seconds and it'll be time to change her.
- She has a much stronger neck than I expected.