Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Bath

OK I admit it, Eric and I were afraid of the first bath. We envisioned screaming and crying---us, not Cordelia. Last night we moved beyond the sponge bath and decided to give Cordelia her first bathing experience. Of course we had to photograph it, because I think it's the law of new parents.

I gathered all of our bathing supplies and got the bath water to the perfect baby friendly temperature. We both checked it, just in case one of our wrists was unnaturally impervious to heat or maybe the bath toy that tells you it's too hot was defective.

* I must mention that Bumblebee thought the bath water was for her and she went running off to climb the furniture. You can read about Bum's bath experience here, it's pretty funny.*

Photobucket

Cordelia seemed perfectly content with her bath, not a tear was shed. She was in and out of her adorable whale shaped tub (thanks Jennifer J.) in a few short minutes.

Photobucket

We wrapped her up in a towel and the first bath was over. Now I feel like I am an expert at baby bathing.

Photobucket

Finally Eric and Cordelia settled in for a good gaze at each other.

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Awesome! I'm glad bath time was easy.

Elizabeth said...

She's so tiny and cute!

..... Carmen said...

She is seriously cute :)

sophie said...

I don't know what it is about that first bath but it is really terrifying isn't it, and then all the stuff you need, feels too hard. Bathing with your baby is fun, they get to do some swimming which is so cute!

Christina Lowry said...

Awwww... so glad that not a tear was shed! We had help with the first bath! In the hospital, day three, a midwife helped us give Cohen his first bath. Watching her really gave me confidence and Cohen just loved it. He still adores his bath time and loves to go swimming. I hope Cordelia is always this happy with bathing. :)

Court said...

My she's so alert! I guess cold water will do that to a girl though..

Cat said...

she is adorable!
you guys did good!!!

Robin said...

The first bath is always the best! Even when they screa their little cute heads off.

Our Green Nest said...

Awww so cute!!

Annie said...

Cutie!

Don't bathe her too often, I've noticed it's bad for the skin. Both of our kids have perfect skin and we wash them maybe once a month. We just clean the dirty spots daily if necessary. And they both look perfectly clean and nice. :-)

Our girl likes to play with water though but that's different.

affectioknit said...

So sweet and I just love the fluffy little bird hair...

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

Yay for bath time!! She is so adorable...I'm sure no one has told you this...so we felt it was our duty to do so. :) Love you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...