Sunday, October 11, 2009

I Had an Idea...

Two o'clock in the morning is a new awake time for me, just a short burst to make sure Cordelia is fed and, if necessary, freshly changed. Last night I was sitting there with Cordelia and I had a brilliant idea for a blog post, or at least I think it was a brilliant idea. I recall outlining my brilliant blog post in the wee morning hours. Quite happy with my fresh new blogging idea. Now, if only I could remember what it was.


Night

I was thinking about the snow falling and steadily accumulating outside. Feeling thankful that I have a roof over my head and a heater in our home, but that's not what my super-amazing blog idea was about. Oh well, now you are getting a blog about a blog that will probably never happen. Let's just assume that it would have been spectacular.

Do you compose blogs in your head? If so, do you sometimes wake up in the night with blogging ideas?

7 comments:

Pam Brewer said...

I wake up in the middle of the night thinking of how I could have said things differently, used better words, added more. Of course, I'm very eloquent at 2AM, in my head. Needless to say, it's all gone by morning!

..... Carmen said...

I used to do that when I would be awake in the wee hours of the morning as well. Now as I find myself awake at 4 am I occasionally do the same thing again.... I can never recall those brilliant ideas in the morning though either - lol.

Court said...

Right there with you, I had a fantastic one ready but by the time I clicked compose I had already forgotten it. I had forgotten just how amazingly sleepy this time is!

Cat said...

Yes...and Yes.
glad to know that I am not the only one!!!!

elizabeth said...

i think of the beginnings of poetry or stories as i'm drifting off to sleep . . . do i remember them in the morning? rarely. very rarely.

sophie said...

I tend to not be able to get to sleep because of a great idea - usually for some kind of clothing! I need to quickly write it down or I do forget! Love the photo BTW!

Stacy said...

Yeah, I've learned I have to write those bursts of insight down. Otherwise, I always promptly forget them!

Oh, I was going to ask... can you now show us the complete version of the family tree now that Cordelia is here? You know, when you have a chance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...