Thursday, October 22, 2009

Update on the Flu

We are moving through this flu pretty quickly. I think our early recognition of what was happening is the reason that I am getting through it so quickly. While I am still under the weather I feel tremendously better. I continue to sanitize and wear a mask for Cordelia's sake, but my fever is under control and my energy level is quickly returning. Mostly I am just so thankful that I haven't spread it to anyone, so far. I should be contagion free fairly soon.

Photobucket

Eric has been wearing a mask too because he could be contagious before showing any symptoms. Since the swine flu is so dangerous for tiny babies we are just being extra careful.

Photobucket

That doesn't mean we aren't having a little fun with it. Eric went for a festive Halloween look with his vampire mask.

Photobucket

I went for the Marilyn mask, complete with a mole. Unfortunately I think I look extra creepy with the fake lipstick. I didn't want to frighten Cordelia so I returned back to the boring hospital blue mask pretty quickly.

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am glad u two have a sense of humor in this..lol... its a good thing Cordelia is too little to be afraid of the masks...Glad u are feeling better

the dwellers said...

Oh so sorry that you are sick. This will make for some historically interesting baby book entries!

Hope you are all better for your weekend plans! :)

On my way Home... said...

Glad to hear you are getting better!

Annie said...

:-)

elizabeth said...

good to see that you are finding a bit of sunshine while you are under the weather.

i hope you feel all better oh-so-soon!

and babies are pretty resiliant. and you two are being so careful. cordelia should be just fine!

Robin said...

I love that you guys can always find some fun in situations that aren't always fun!

Glad you are on the mend.

Imene said...

I just read your blog and realized you were sick. I am glad you're getting better and that Cordelia is healthy.

..... Carmen said...

I like your Marilyn mask. I dressed up as Marilyn for Halloween one year - if we lived closer I'd loan you the wig and you've have a whole ensemble ;) I think you should keep wearing it, lipstick, mole and all. Cordelia is still to wee to be able to tell it's not really your lips :) Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...