Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend we had a bunch of family stop in to meet Cordelia. My Grandma Carol, cousin Erin, aunts and uncles were all here. We were so touched that family came from all over the country to meet our daughter and to just enjoy each other's company.

While we were all here we decided to go ahead and have Cordelia's baptism as well. You may already know this, but I am a PK (that's church slang for pastor's kid)---so my father actually preformed the baptism. The coolest part about the proceedings is that the baptismal dress is a family heirloom. You know how I love my family history. The dress itself was made by Cordelia's great-great-great grandmother in 1895! My entire family was baptized in it. You can see how amazingly well the dress has fared over the past century. I was sooo concerned that Cordelia would have a blowout, if you get my drift, but we managed to use the dress and bring it no harm.

Photobucket

The rest of the time was spent catching up with family and passing around Cordelia. Our family hasn't had a baby in 16 years, so everyone was really quite excited to be around such a sweet little lady. She also chose this week to start her first few smiles! Needless to say we have now been trying everything to induce more smiling, more often than not she will frown. I don't blame her, it makes me uncomfortable when people try too hard.

17 comments:

Stacy said...

She is such a cutie! I'm glad you had such a great weekend with family.

45+ and Aspiring said...

Oh what a beauty! Love those apple cheeks. Also love your little hearts on your dres--very apt for the new Mama.

The lace on those sleeves is amazing! Seems like multiple moms have taken great care of the gown. . . what a great piece of immortality for your great-great-great grandmother.

I hope you're getting pics of some of the interactions of smiling attempts followed by frowns! :)

AKM said...

Beautiful dress! I'm so glad all went well for you this past weekend.

Elizabeth said...

such a pretty little lady in such a pretty little dress!

i wish we lived closer and i could just pop over and hold her for a bit!

Widge said...

awwwl she looks beautiful. yay for no blow outs ;)

the dwellers said...

So glad to hear you had a lovely, family filled weekend. I had heard that it was highly anticipated!

Your daughter is beautiful, the heirloom gown is also.

Annie said...

So beautiful! Maybe she's just a serious little girl. A philosopher perhaps? :-)

Beth said...

That is a beautiful dress! She is a little angle isn't she? Glad your feeling better and glad you have such a strong support system around you to help raise this child. I am a believer that it takes a village to raise a child!

Chrissy said...

Wow, gorgeous baptism dress...

Our Green Nest said...

SO pretty...such a wonderful keepsake to pass on and on!

Clorivak said...

She is so adorable!!! That dress is very purdy too.awww...what a nice family you have! Hope you are feeling better as I heard you had the flu via e.k.

sophie said...

Cordelia looks so beautiful in her special gown, what an amazing and special heirloom to pass down.

JuLes said...

I'm sooo happy for you two and your family. She's beautiful and the dress with such history is awesome.

Faith Hope and a whole lotta Love said...

Beautiful!!! we have a gown that we all wore too! I am also a PK :)

..... Carmen said...

Congratulations on Cordelia's baptism! And how amazing to have a baptismal gown that has been used for so many generations :)

Robin said...

What a precious family heirloom! And of course Cordelia looks too cute in it!

beautifulladybird said...

So wonderful. I love the closed fist in the picture. Cordelia is beautiful and I have been following along with you and thinking about you often. Hope all is well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...