Friday, November 13, 2009

Back to it

Photobucket

I'm ready to get back to it. I have been in a bit of a glorious baby fog for the past couple of months. Now it's time to get back to some of the things that I enjoy beyond my new favorite hobby of hanging out with my little family. Crafts, painting, sewing (I'm just learning to become a better seamstress) and the video projects that Eric and I are working on for Andy Mason.

It's hard to tear myself away from Cordelia because she is so darn cute and because she needs constant attention, but I think that it will benefit the whole family if we start to do some of the things that make us the people that we are. Eric has gotten back into bowling. Did I ever tell you that he has a custom bowling ball named Monster? I am looking for a few craft ideas that are not too time consuming or that can be done in increments. Do you have any ideas?

I would love to make some Christmas presents for friends and family who might appreciate a handmade gift. I would also love to make some baby clothes. My mom used to sell baby clothes she made, they were really cute. I remember after Sam was born she would sew in the family room while Sam napped. I would chat with her while I watched Saved by the Bell. She managed to be quite productive and I think it's time I follow in her footsteps.

Right now I am taking tentative steps as I hate to miss a moment with Cordelia and Eric, but I think it's time that I take just a slice of time to create again.

10 comments:

Jessica Harrington said...

of course - i will suggest scrapbooking!!!
:) heeeheee...

check out my where i work and my own personal scrapbook gallery when you get a chance...

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/41791.html

Annie said...

Yes, you need to have your own time or otherwise you go crazy. At least I would... I love my babies but I need other things in my life too.

Stacy said...

Re-engaging the creative brain? Always fun! I don't have any specific suggestions on things... just do what you love!

..... Carmen said...

I think it's wonderful you want to start doing some of the stuff that makes you "you". It's so vital to keep that balance.... and it is a balancing act! I still do most of my crafty stuff when G is down for a rest, but the days of naps are shortly coming to an end, so I need to figure out a new balance yet again. As for baby clothes, I've only just sewed G her first pair of PJ's. I picked an easy pattern and it wasn't too hard, but definitely a learning curve. I've been creating a few raggy baby blankets and things of that sort that are fairly easy and really rewarding. I'd like to branch out furthur in my sewing skills as well. I think it's great Eric is a bowler and has his own custom bowling ball :)

Joe and Talsie said...

Aprons. I made some vintage aprons for my nieces and nephews last year that were super cute. The girls' were heart tops with rick rack and the boys' were made out of denim with animal faces appliqued on them. It was fun and very quick. I find this time of year especially productive. There just seems to be something about the season that inspires creativity.

AKM said...

You're so creative, period, so of course you need to be creative again! I wish I had some crafty ideas, but I don't...I'm actually looking for some myself! I'm not terribly creative or crafty (except for cooking), but ever since I got those Vegan Craft Samples, I find myself really wishing that I could do something, too.

I know that your friends and family will appreciate homespun gifts! Anything made from the heart is an absolute treasure.

Pam Brewer said...

You are a wise woman!

On my way Home... said...

I just happened upon Multicrafty today and she linked to an awesome tutorial on how to make a zippered pouch. It looks super easy!
http://multicrafty.wordpress.com/

And here's a few links to free baby clothes patterns:
http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/baby-clothes-patterns.html
http://babypatterns.atspace.com/overview.html
http://crafts.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Free_Sewing_Patterns_Baby

On my way Home... said...

Sorry cause I'm a nerd... just one more tutorial cause I think these are the cutest thing ever for babies!
http://stardustshoes.blogspot.com/2006/10/cloth-shoe-pattern.html

and this website is having a giveaway where everyone is posting their favorite tutorial (where I found the one above)

http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2009/11/cath-kidstons-sew-sneak-peek-and-giveaway.html#comment-6a00d8341c574653ef0120a6980217970b

marymetcalf said...

Very nice! It's good to see you mixing it all up with family and getting back to the other type of creations. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...