Friday, November 6, 2009

A Bit -o-Everything

Today I am feeling a bit like I don't want to write about any one subject for very long. My brain is just sort of bouncing around from one thought to the next. So, enjoy a little sampling of what's going on in my brain.

Last night we were sitting around the living room, Cordelia was sound asleep in her bouncer and we were just chatting. After a while our conversation turned to inward reflection. Eric seemed to be deep in thought. When he came to he said, "You know what word I really like? Kaboom." Now I wonder about all of those times when he looks like he his mulling over the problems of the world that maybe he is just thinking those kind of thoughts...which I suppose I prefer.

Photobucket
Cordelia is growing. She's moving out of the teeny tiny newborn clothes. She smiles, she can hold her head up for longer periods of time, she laughed in her sleep (but not yet when she's awake), she's starting to try and grab for things with little success.

I think that I need to make banana bread today. Just seems like a banana bread type of day.

Next month Eric and I will have been vegan for 9 years! I remember celebrating one month.

Also happening next month Eric and I will have been a couple for 12 years! We're hoping to have that be our first post-baby date night. My parents are more than willing to watch her. I think that maintaining our great marriage will be the best gift we can give to Cordelia.

Last night I slept with my hair in a couple of braids and now I have fancy wavy hair. It feels sort of like I should do something special since my hair looks special.

What random thoughts are bouncing around your brain today?






9 comments:

Tammie said...

i love those baby feet.

the part about eric deep in thought made me snicker. my husband will look as if hes reflecting on the problems of the world and when i ask him what hes thinking about its always something very basic like pizza or khakis. :)

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

I have to admit I think about words like kaboom sometimes too...but I think about words that sound really funny when you say them over and over again. For example: fork. It only takes like 10 times saying it to realize it's a pretty funny word.

affectioknit said...

I love the word KaBoom too - you just don't get that many opportunities to use it...
...I remember braiding my long hair - it's too short now - I just donated it in June...

Hello Lindello said...

Look at those long toes!

Congrats on being vegan for so long. What a triumph! Last night we went to a friends house for dinner. Theyre vegans and made a delicious meal. I thought of you :)

Emily said...

A great marriage is such a good gift to Cordelia. Take advantage of a date night when you can! =)

Annie said...

Sweet picture. We haven't spent one night without the kids since they were born - over two years ago. I just can't leave them with grandparents. Luckily my husband is sweet and understanding. We go out separately at the moment and I think that also keeps our relationship fresh.

sophie said...

Cute feet and what a cute pair of pants!! :-)

crazy thought, can't remember. There is a market day on at our local primary school tomorrow including a jumping castle and face painting, I am really looking forward to letting the girls run free and have fun.

the dwellers said...

Aren't those bouncy chairs one of the best inventions? All 3 of mine loved it!

And HURRAH for upcoming date nights! We actually have one scheduled for tonight and I am so looking forward to the quiet, uninterrupted time.

AKM said...

Baby toes! Oh! They kind of take your breath away, don't they?

Hee, Eric is so funny. Y'all are one of my favorite couples, and I've never even met you. I like how you said that your great relationship is a gift to Cordelia...that's so true. You're a happy of family of three now! "A man and a woman had a little baby, yes, they did, they had three in the family, and that's a magic number." I'm a dork, sorry! ;-)

Did you make the banana bread?

Congrats on YEARS of being vegan! Someday I will be able to say the same. I can't believe how great I feel after only five weeks or so, physically AND emotionally. There's absolutely no reason to go back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...