Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Charmed By My Own Self

Last night I was looking through a pile of papers from when I was in grade school. My mother saved a ton of stuff. I like to look through the papers periodically and charm myself with my self. It's self indulgent, but what are you gonna do?

Photobucket
Yes, the title of this book does indeed read, Prepare Yourself to See Good Grade. Included in this pile of papers were a small book that I made about Montana, many drawings, a flyer from the "babysitter agency" I started and much more.

Photobucket
I also found a book that I wrote in second grade; it was 33 pages long. It was about a mouse named Amy.

I love looking through the papers and seeing what things have stayed the same and which things have changed. I have been writing and drawing from at least kindergarten. For me the two have been almost inextricably linked. I also discovered that lasagna has pretty much always been my favorite food, although I used to spell is lazana.

Do you have any of your treasures from when you were a wee little tyke?

11 comments:

The villager: said...

Not many things kept; but sometimes my own children say things or do things that remind me of a simpler life full of infinite possibilities.

Jenny said...

So sweet! I love looking through my old pictures and school papers. I'm saving a bunch of my kids' for them to look at when they're older. It's so much fun!

Genevieve said...

My dad kept a little suitcase with drawings, stories, ect. from when my brother and I were little. He would bring it out every now and again and it would produce fits of laughter. I have already started saving some of my daughters things in a little suitcase of our own.

Leslie said...

Awwwwwww... This post makes my heart happy.

E.K. said...

I have the rat-tail...

affectioknit said...

Sweet memories!

Jessica Harrington said...

YES! i have a ton of stuff! i too made books that had a tons of pages stapled together. I also drew an entire fashion magazine and made the cover with the made-up name and everything! hahha!

Stacy said...

Well, I just brought my HS yearbooks back from my mom's house.... so fun. And, I found out I was a planner - I went through and added people's last names to their inscriptions.

sophie said...

How special that your mum kept your treasures. Siena writes prolifically, and I have kept all her old 'books'. They are such sweet treasures to have.

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

Super cute! When I was about 6 I had a pink diary with a kitten on the front, it had a lock on the side and everything. I found it a few years ago at my mom's house. One entry said, "I hat my mom, she is so men." I remember that day and I was pissed. What it should have said was, "I hate my mom, she is so mean." Gotta love it.

Nikki Cardigan said...

How amazing is your mumma for realising how precious your work was and for keeping them for all these years. My mum did the same and it's so lovely to get a little glimpse of yourself from back then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...