Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Night

Sunday was the time change, the good one. Fall back. When I woke up in the night I thought, "Oh it's the time change I can fall back to sleep."

Photobucket

Now, this time of year night seems to take over. The moon is out and we're tucked away in our house.

Photobucket

When this time of year rolls around we change up our habits and have several things that we always do:
  • Eat lots of roasted veggies, soups and stews. I recently put leftover roasted veggies (onion, potato, garlic, butternut squash, zucchini, yellow squash) onto a pizza, it was soooo good!
  • Sit in front of the space heater. We compete with the cats for space in front of the heater. yes, our normal heater works fine, but there is something about sitting in front of a tiny heater as it blasts in your face.
  • Close the curtains much earlier, since it's dark out we close ourselves in and feel like bears in a cave.
  • Watch movies.
  • Drink teas.
  • Wear slippers and big comfy sweaters.
  • Pull out the quilts from storage.
  • Put an extra blanket on the bed.
  • Bumblebee also gets very snuggly, she tries to steal our body heat.
Do you have any habits this time of year? I might want to adopt your habits.

6 comments:

AKM said...

Ha, your habits sound pretty much like my habits. I'm obsessed with fall foods like squash/pumpkin, sweet potatoes, apples, and cranberries. Your pizza sounds divine...make one and send it to St. Louis, wouldja? ;-) Snuggling under blankets with Jackie-Cat and watching movies is awesome. Tea...AHH. I love tea year-round but I definitely drink more hot herbal tea in the fall/winter.

Do I have a habit I can share? Um...I'm crazy about pumpkin soy lattes right now. I'm so glad that most coffee places recognize the needs of the vegan and the lactose-intolerant and provide soy milk.

Chrissy said...

love the shot of the moon!. my cat has come back to sleeping at the foot of the bed.. and the other nite was at the top of my pillows and resting her chin on my head... weather must be cooler for her.. she's snuggling again.

Victoria said...

We do all of the above too! I especially love wearing scarves this time of year. My favorite thing to do is bundle up in the cold weather and sit outside on my sunny patio with a cup of tea and a good read!

Emily said...

Pumpkin definitely makes its way into many of our recipes during these fall/winter months. Along with warm drinks: coffee, tea, & hot chocolate. I added another blanket to our bed recently to keep us cozy at night, and I've been turning on our porch light a few hours earlier than before. Oh and my kids go to bed a little earlier too!

Stacy said...

I stockpile my freezer, sew more, eat more carbs, wash all of the linens, cuddle with Rosy more and wear tights constantly.

Daphne said...

I like to bake bread and make tons of soups. I also read cozy old books and start homey projects like needlepoint, which I NEVER do the rest of the year... (all these in addition to the ones you mentioned!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...