Sunday, November 8, 2009

Peacock and Super Flea

Were you drawn in by the title of this post? I am kind of happy with it, this title and the post entitled Hair, Unitards and the Death of a Dream from a couple of days ago. I think I am on a blog titling streak. Anyway time to get on with this post...

Yesterday morning Eric and I loaded up Bumblebee and Cordelia and went for a walk down by the river. We were busy talking about important things like Eastern European cinema, strange ways to make friends here, our project for Andy Mason, people walking around in red robes (we saw one, don't know what the deal was), and everything else that came to mind. All of a sudden I stopped, could I have seen what I thought I saw? I made Eric look with me and we agreed that my eyes were not deceiving me. We were both looking at a peacock roaming freely through the woods. Peacocks are indigenous to the Indian subcontinent ( trust me I checked wikipedia) and not to Wyoming. So, who knows what that was all about.

After our walk we headed out to the SUPER FLEA a flea market that was indeed super. When we walked in the door I told Eric that I really just wanted to find some Russel Wright to add to my collection. We began to wander the aisles which held everything from antiques and collectibles to crafty stuff (Wyoming style).

Photobucket

At one booth a strange man jokingly (I am 99.87% sure he was joking) offered to trade me several pieces of jewelry for Cordelia. I did not take him up on his offer, even though he seemed quite nice. I assured him we were pretty attached to her.

We had a good time looking around, there were plenty of people to watch and I am sure fun was had by all. One booth in particular had Russel Wright. We inquired about the prices and she sold us this set (below) for $2. What a steal!

Photobucket

What did you do yesterday?

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Out by my mom's house (on the way towards alcova) there is a whole - herd? flock? I'm going with flock - a flock of wild Peacocks. I've always thought that was a just a little odd that here in Casper, Wy - glad some shares the feeling, since they all see the peacocks and don't even look twice.

Emily said...

"Peacock and Super Flea" sounds like the title of a fun children's book. Two unusual friends who go on wild adventures together....just an idea.

Yesterday I volunteered at a local art show while Mike had all three kiddos on his own. We had 80 degree weather here, so I think they were outside almost all afternoon. =)

Maria Rose said...

Michelle, thanks for the hot tip! I am going to have to go and check out the peacock flock.. but I am admittedly a little afraid of peacocks en masse.

Beth said...

see that's what I love about you, I learn something new all the time. I have never heard of RW and now I have. I had a wild animal surprise myself lately. We moved to East Mesa and in my neighborhood there are wild lovebirds everywhere. They look just like little parrots flying around. There the most beautiful birds and you can just sit out at sunset and they sing to each other.I asked the neighbors if they were indigenous here and they said they sure were. Crazy!

Hello Lindello said...

Sweet find!
I love flea markets.
I went for a hike and went to estate sales :)

Chrissy said...

love that cup and saucer!. have to agree w/Emily about the title being fitting for a children's book

dutchgirl said...

oooh! I love the find. And while this post title is fantastic, I think Hair, Unitards and the Death of a Dream will remain my all time favorite ;)

Annie said...

Hey wait a minute, where did Eric's glasses go? I knew there was still something strange about him.

Great that you go to flea markets. I wish I had more time and energy so I could get everything from flea markets too. I guess I should just learn a new way of life.

Robin said...

Yes, a great score for 2 bucks!

Yesterday? Ahhh... Mommy got some no kiddie time and was able to relax and breath for a night!

Daphne said...

I love peacocks; what a fun surprise! I also adore flea markets (and thrift shops) -- sounds like an excellent day all around.

Stacy said...

I went to a flea market on Sunday too! Love 'em!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...