Sunday, November 15, 2009

Simplicity

Photobucket
I've been giving a lot of thought to simplicity lately. I feel like my life has become increasingly more simple and more enjoyable as a result. I have been slowly letting distractions fall to the wayside, to be forgotten. I know I am not alone in this sentiment. I think simplification is a drawn out process for someone like myself. Slowly I let go of things that are cluttering my mind, my car, my habits, my home.

I long for a steady simplicity. I want to let go of those lingering distractions that keep me from really focusing in on what's important. I was wondering what you are doing in order to simplify your life?

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Simplicity is the best way to go... I think one has a completely different perspective on things and they can figure things out more easily.... I love the image u created!.

Beth said...

I think I have over simplified my life and house. I have issues with balance though.

Widge said...

loving the art work!! i'm got such a thing for birds at the moment. and I'm usually not an "animal" person...guess that's a simplicity that I am enjoying in my life at the mo....still a long way to go. esp in the decluttering of my car!!

Tammie said...

for me its a constant process.
it helps me sometimes to get rid of actual clutter in my life. once thats done i can work on the mental clutter. the other day i cleaned my daughters room and threw away 2 bags of junk. it was nothing she wanted, nothing she played with, and she didnt even notice it was gone. it felt so so good.

Stacy said...

I did a lot of simplifying this summer. However, I think I'm back to too much, too fast, too complicated. I probably need to simplify.

elizabeth said...

i'm with tammie on the "constant process" thing. i too feel so good when i clean out and organize a room or even a drawer. i'm trying to get through our whole house . . .

and ben and are constantly reminding each other that we can say "no" to things. we can.

it takes effort to have things simple. but it's so worth it!

and i really like your piece of art. hey! speaking of art . . . have you finished cordelia's family tree? do we get to see it?

i hope your week starts out very nicely!

Maria Rose said...

Elizabeth, the family tree is shown on my October 15th post.

Nikki Cardigan said...

You know when you have a child that your life will change. What caught me by surprise is how much I changed... voluntarily and involuntarily. It was exciting and confronting and scary and there was a lot of tears.

I hope you work you way through the changes that are hovering around you. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...