Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Two Months and Barefoot Babies

At 9:44am Cordelia is two months old! I can't believe it. I seriously feel as though it's only been a couple of days. She is already a completely different little girl than the one we brought home. She feels more of this world, less ethereal. Does that make sense? I guess at first I felt like I was holding some mythic being, like a baby unicorn or something like that, but now she feels like our daughter.

Photobucket

She smiles, she knows her parents from anyone else. She coos and babbles. She is holding her head up (most of the time). She is just growing and changing every day. Eric and I have so much to be thankful for, and we are. We are thankful for all of those precious moments that we will cherish forever. Those quiet moments in the night, the small triumph of being able to comfort her, the smiles (oh those smiles).

Photobucket

You may be asking yourself who made that delightful shirt that Cordelia is wearing. Well, it is the work of Sophie whom many of you already know and love. If you are not familiar with her work or with Barefoot Babies just click here...or click the link on my sidebar any time.

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

So sweet!

Chrissy said...

I bet in these last few months your brain is full of info. on what to do and not to do as far as the care of babies... also, I bet u and hubby have changed since the birth of your daughter....I know my husband and I did.... Even tho we were tired, we loved every min. of our first born.

Stacy said...

I adore that face she's making in the 2nd photo....

..... Carmen said...

I agree - SO sweet! What lovely work Sophie does :) Happy 2 months Cordelia!

sophie said...

She is just so smoochable isn't she! Thanks for the plug, that was so kind of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...