Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First Laugh

Sweet C

Last week on Tuesday afternoon I was sitting on the couch holding Cordelia. The sun was coming through the blinds, Cordelia was just busy being adorable. When suddenly Bumblebee came bounding in from the kitchen, intent on breaking up the serene moment. I knew it was coming I had been listening to Bumblebee lap up water out of her bowl. For some unknown reason this always incites a mini-riot. Bumblebee loves to run in, water flying off of her face and ears (remember basset ears are looong and often dip into the water bowl) and she rubs her face into the carpet with her rear up in the air. She then lets out some very loud victory barks while spinning in circles. I am not sure why Bumblebee does this, but it's pretty cute.

Cordelia

She barked and I tried to shush her because I was afraid that it would frighten Cordelia. Bumblebee was too happy to even notice that I was calling to her, demanding that she stop. The barks continued.

I looked to Cordelia, her mouth was opened in the cutest little "O" of surprise. I mimicked her little open mouth as Bumblebee continued to bark and then it happened. Cordelia giggled. The barking paused for a moment and I looked in shock. I had been waiting for that first giggle for two months and then there it was, without warning. I wasn't even sure that I'd heard correctly. That's when Bumblebee started barking again and I once again shushed her, Cordelia giggled again! I spent the next several minutes trying to get a third giggle out of her...until she started crying. I guess I had tried too hard. C'est la vie.

Photobucket

We went a week without another giggle. Until this morning. Eric was holding Cordelia before he had to head off to work. She let out a loud little laugh and then again a short while later. Her giggles are so loud and surprising like little bubbly screams, it's wonderful! So, I plan to spend most of the day trying to greedily gather more giggles.

PS Her hair has a reddish tint doesn't it? What's up with that?! I wonder if it will last.

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

I bet she will laugh when u put her in front of the tv... Mine did... Wonder what goes thru their heads...

Victoria said...

Okay! That did it! I can barely restrain myself from hopping in the car and speeding up to Wyoming! She is A-No.1 A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xo

Annie said...

She's so cute! And looks a lot like her dad (just like my girl). Both of my kids had reddish hair too in the beginning. Now the girl's hair is almost fair even though we're both dark. my husband also had a fair hair as a boy.

Ps. I would so much like to show pics of my kids but I just don't wanna put them in the internet.

eLiZaBeTh said...

Precious. She is just lovely. That first laugh really is amazing, isn't it? That is what life is about. And yes, she has some red in her hair. Love it.

Karlene said...

I totally noticed she's becoming a red head, just like Sam, atleast I remember he had red hair when he was little. Did that stick?

Daphne said...

I have a friend who calls baby giggles "parent crack". You'll do anything to get another fix... (she's so cute!!)

Emily said...

That girl is too cute. Have fun giggle gathering today!

Maria Rose said...

Ktown, yes, Sam is still a redhead. I have a Great Grandpa Red as well (he had red hair, hence the nickname), but that it's for our family and Eric's family is red free. So we'll see if this sticks, but it's cute for now.

Christina Lowry said...

Cohen was ginger at first too!! Everyone said that he would have red hair but it has faded now. Dave's father is a strawberry blonde, so it was a possibility for awhile. Still, strawberry blonde haired girls are cute. Boys, not always so much!

I love a baby giggle. And when they chuckle there isn't any other sound that can beat it. Your heart just melts. :)

affectioknit said...

Oh - those first giggles are so so sweet!!!

Stacy said...

Oh, how fun!! Good luck on soliciting additional giggles!

Court said...

Oh my gosh she is so adorable. Oooh I can't wait to get caught up... And aren't firsts just the greatest?

sophie said...

Don't you just LOVE that - I'm pretty baby mad on all levels, but those little chuckles are just so yummy!

the dwellers said...

Those first giggles are so sweet. Honestly seeing your kiddos giggle in delight never gets old. It one of the perks to this job :)

We've been gone for a while, so catching up today... glad you all had a good thanksgiving and that family bible is amazing!

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

Ahhh...the sound of babies laughing...one of the best sounds in the world. :) Enjoy!

Nikki Cardigan said...

You got me thinking about how amazed and excited and thrilled and in awe we are when our babies do things for the first time. I remembered back to the first smiles and giggles and how I felt like you. Now they happen everyday and we are in awe of new things... like first words. How lucky we are to be sharing all these firsts with our babies.

PS. Those photos of your girl are GORGEOUS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...