Monday, January 25, 2010

I am..

I am...

mercifully rested after a long stretch on very little sleep. Cordelia is so well rested that she is squealing and bouncing around in her bouncer.


enjoying these little Martha Stewart frames I put together for Cordelia's room...when she is no longer sleeping in our room.

wondering if Eric will feel compelled to read Ozzie Osbourne's autobiography. He was a little bit of a rocker when he was a young boy. Now he tries endlessly to educate me in the ways of rock music. He rejoices if I am able to recognize Ratt or Dio if they come on the radio. It's strange.

finishing Home by Julie Andrews. I love her.

planning to use my energy to clean house and start to feel like a real human again!

finally starting to make a few friends in our new town.


thankful for my mother. She gave me this card yesterday, after another rough night. Inside it reads, "It will get better I promise."

answering Robin's question we have two cameras. Our good one (named Charlemagne) is a Cannon Rebel xsi and our junky one (named Trixie) used for today's photos is just a Kodak point and shoot.

What is new with you?

7 comments:

affectioknit said...

The frames are so cute! I love Julie Andrews too - we watched Mary Poppins again just 2 nights ago...

sophie said...

it's so hard I know, sleep deprivation is a killer! It does get better but I think those little growth spurts they have really knock them around and they start waking and feeding, like, all day and night!! What's new? Um, it's Australia day here so heading off to my mother in laws for breakfast soon - yum!!

Christina Lowry said...

I love the card. It will get better. Everything is just a phase and as soon as you get used to one routine babies go and change it! But as they are so cute they can get away with nearly anything.

Love those frames, super cute. Ha ha, you get rock lessons, I give my husband art lessons and he gives me sport lessons! :)

Linda said...

LOVE the frames! I wonder when the sleep situation is going to get better? Almost a year now... (But to console you, almost every other kid the same age as my boy sleeps a good solid 12 hours in a stretch!

Stacy said...

Super cute frames!! I love them.

How's the book? I'm looking for something new to read.

the dwellers said...

When my first sweet baby screamed for her first few months, I was pushed to the brink. Some good intentioned older women just dismissed it and said "its a season, it'll pass". It didn't feel like a season, it felt like my new reality.

Long story short, it was a season. But, I know that caring for a new baby can make even the most thankful mother feel totally overwhelmed at times. Wish we were closer, so we could tangibly help a little. Praying you get a good rest really soon.

Michelle said...

I actually started my blog because Noah was 10 months..and still up at least 4 times a night sometimes more. I thought I was losing my mind. So...in the middle of the night I blogged as I tried what the doctor suggested and made him cry it out. And like someone else said - it really is a season..but it certainly didn't feel like. Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...