Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's Winter in Wyoming

Photobucket

We awoke to a fresh blanket of snow. Last night Eric heard that we were supposed to get more snow and he sweetly said, in a way that only someone raised in New Mexico might say, "I thought we might be done with the snow." Strong northern stock that I am I just politely smiled in response. Even though he's been living in Colorado, Montana and Wyoming for his adult life there is still a lingering New Mexico perspective and I don't have the heart to take that hope from him. So, with each new snowstorm my hubby is optimistically hoping that it is the last one.

8 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

I love the snow. I'm sure you guys get tons and tons though. It hasn't really snowed here since Xmas so I am hoping for another big storm!

affectioknit said...

That's funny - I was raised in the mountains of North Carolina - where snow comes and goes in the winter time - so it's been quite an adjustment here in ND where the snow comes and stays for 6 months...

Stacy said...

I have that hope too and I'm from Buffalo. But then, Philly doesn't get much snow....

AKM said...

Ha! He DOES know that it's only the beginning of January, right? Bless his heart. ;-)

We're supposed to get 2-4 inches tonight in STL. It's so cold! I can't seem to get warm enough no matter how many pairs of socks I put on. ;-)

45+ and Aspiring said...

Sweet! :) I'm so glad to be in ATL instead of BOS!!! :)

bel said...

I sooooo miss snow. sigh... My Lulu, who probably doesn't really remember the 2 times it's snowed here in her 3.5 years also misses it. She asked me late in December when winter was going to start and when I told her it already had she denied it since there wasn't any snow.

belinda

Emily said...

Oh, one can only hope. I'm a winter wimp and long for the sunny days of summer.

Gypsy said...

Hey, I am no longer anonymous! Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...