Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kindness Bandit: Gifts For Moms


Well it's been a bit since I have posted on the Kindness Bandit. I have been busy at work on a rather large project. You may recall that I took a couple of bags filled with baby goodies to the hospital when I had Cordelia. I gave the bag to the hospital staff to give to a new mother who might need a few things. The nurse said that there were some women who came in and had almost nothing.

This really sunk in for me, since Eric and I were given so much when Cordelia arrived. Seriously, we were literally overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity that was shared with us during such a joyful time in our lives. How could I possibly make that good feeling continue on?

So my mom and I came up with a great plan! We are taking all of the leftover gift bags that once held presents for Cordelia and filling them up with new items to be dropped off at the hospital. Hopefully it will just add to what should be a joyful day in someone's life. I have a lot of gift bags. So far I have about 8 that are ready to go.

Photobucket

Anyway, maybe you'll be inspired to do something similar in your town...

9 comments:

affectioknit said...

That's an awesome idea - the ladies from our church make little layette sets for the birthing center at our hospital!

Jenny said...

How generous of you to do this! This will bless the women and make what could be a really stressful time for some mothers more joyful.

Emily said...

Great idea! It definitely inspires me to do something similar. You're awesome!

Chrissy said...

What a great idea!. You and your mom have such big hearts...I am sure those new moms will aprreciate it.

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

You're great! In case you had forgotten. :)

Cat said...

that is so good
bless your heart
as a woman who started out as a single mom with no support the kindness of strangers and anonymous people was such a great help to me....
it is so easy to give...ad it really does not take much to make someone feel special
what an awesome thing you are doing!!!
love and light

Annie said...

That's a great idea. Over here mothers get a maternity package containing baby clothes and all necessities every time they have a baby. (Or they can choose money which I chose when I had the second baby.)

Kimberly Aardal said...

What a generous and kind gesture. It's a great way to spread joy and inspire others to do the same.

sophie said...

You and your mum are so wonderful, that made my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...