Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Take It To The Bank

I am wondering if the title to this blog intrigued my brother Ben, he works at a bank. Maybe it repelled him. I just don't know.

Piggy Bank

Here are a few fun facts that may or may not have anything to do with the photo. I think you can handle that.

This week Eric and I are going on a date! Wahooooo! I am excited. We are going to an Italian restaurant and then maybe to go and see a movie. Any movie recommendations?

We opened a bank account for Cordelia. Since we will be paying off our college education for the rest of our lives, we thought we might give her a head start. So, hopefully she won't have to face that student loan nightmare some day...although the way that schools raise tuition we may only be able to purchase a textbook.

I briefly mentioned that I am starting to make some friends in the area. I am so excited and thankful. It's been slow going here since most of the residents in this town are somewhat older (not a deal breaker) or much younger (usually a deal breaker, sorry). We think that there is some secret hiding place for people in our age group, but after months of searching we haven't found it. Regardless of that we have powered on and continue to move forward in our search for friends.

The roads are starting to de-ice, until the next storm, and I am thinking about my goal to become a runner. I have been researching a way to get started without overwhelming myself. Any additional tips would be welcome. I do see people out running in the snow and ice, how do that do that without biting it?

It's almost my mom's birthday. I don't want to get her jewelry. Any ideas? Mom, feel free to comment as well. I know you mentioned that you liked the photo from the other day, but I am still looking for more ideas.

What is new with you?

8 comments:

Gypsy said...

hmmmm... a couple throw pillows (peach and green) would be great... fun socks delight me...
artwork...I'm sorry that I have all that I need; I know that makes it hard to shop for me.

Soley said...

For the running..you might check out the Couch to 5K program, you can find it on the web. It's a good way to ease yourself into running.
I'm Anne's sister (of Anne and Andy) by the way, so I'm not a totally random blog stalker! Love reading your blog, thanks for sharing it.

Jill said...

Running is the best! I love it. In the snow some people use little chains for your shoes, or beefy trail shoes. I ran a few mths into my pregnancy but for now I have to stick to yoga/walking.
A great starting guide is the Galloway run-walk method. That is how I started and then I worked up to a half marathon. I look back with so much fondness of my beginner running times. I lived in Victoria, B.C at the time. It was a super supportive running environment, with lots of groups and running partners.

Stacy said...

I think the potential friends your age are hanging out in a secret location with the newscasters!! You just need to crack the code!

Maria Rose said...

Stacy, you're onto something. Maybe they have a lair.

Court said...

Wait till Cordelia reaches three. Then you'll be running. (grin)

Emily said...

Good for you starting an account for Cordelia. We have yet to set anything up for any of our children, unfortunately. Even if it just buys her a textbook one day, it will be something!

Have fun on your date night! I think the last movie I saw in the theater was "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." It was actually quite funny, but maybe not a date night movie.

Joe said...

Better than a savings account for college preparation is a 529. You can speak to a financial institution about how to set one up. I think the minimum is $50 a month. If your child doesn't need the money for college then she can use it elsewhere! It has a better and more stable interest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...