Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thankful

I am exhausted. Cordelia has been keeping me up, but it's OK. I am so filled with gratitude. She wakes up in the middle of the night and smiles at me and seems to be asking, "What now?" Sure I am beyond tired with this new phase, but mostly I just look down at this beautiful little girl and think about how blessed I am. I get to be the one who is tired for her. I am the one who catches those midnight smiles.

I know that some of you are going through the same thing as I am right now and I think of you, my friends, out there somewhere with babes of your own, having your own moments in the middle of the night. I am overwhelmed and humbled to be a part of something so much bigger than I. I feel it like a current beneath my skin, saying, "always always always be thankful."



PS Totally off subject but, does anybody have a photo storing recommendation? I've been using photo bucket, but lately it keeps infecting my computer with a virus.

11 comments:

Stacy said...

I really like flickr. Hope you get some sleep!

Ben said...

flickr

Jill said...

Love your attitude. My bun is almost baked up, only 2 more months to go. Lack of sleep sounds a bit scary but I know it is all worth it! Heck, I had enough sleep in my twenties to make up for it...I hope... :)

I only use iphoto for my pics.

Annie said...

Flickr.

After staying awake for eight months every night it's hard to feel thankful anymore. Constant sleep deprivation can wear you out. Luckily my husband helped. This time it's been easier because the boy sleeps better and only eats once or twice a night.

Anonymous said...

You're still a good mommy even if you aren't thankful 24/7.

Pam Brewer said...

You're still a good mommy even if you're not thankful 24/7.

Emily said...

I'm with ya! Sometimes when I'm up at 3:00 with Lucas, I wonder if you're up with Cordelia too. I know how hard feeling sleep deprived can be. Maybe tomorrow you can squeeze in a good nap?

Sarah Kramer said...

Flickr!

On my way Home... said...

I use picasa. I like it cause it has a program for your computer where you can upload entire albums at once. And you can email pictures as well (i use gmail). On top of it all it's free.
I'm in the same boat too. My little guy is 2 months and right around the 3-4am feeding he thinks it's awake time. It's precious though- the little conversations and smiles. I just try to sleep more during the day... but days like yesterday... that doesn't work so well. Anywho... you're not alone!

elizabeth said...

i love the "current beneath your skin"

what a wonderful way to look at your thankfulness and your little girl.

Elizabeth said...

i linked to this post today. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...