Friday, February 26, 2010

Boxed in, Still Adolescent, Wigging Out, a Tulip and Baby Proofing


Well I think I underestimated how much Eric and I have made this town our home in the year that we have lived here. We have had so many people come out of the woodwork and offer to help us with our move. I can't believe it. Helping with a move is akin to volunteering to go as proxy to the dentist for someone else. Crazy kindness I tell you.

We are still buried beneath boxes and boxes both full and empty. Last night Eric eyed a box all through dinner and then before I knew it he had hopped in. Yes, my husband who is pushing 30 (don't remind him) was itching to hop into the box. Then he commented how it was sort of like an airplane. Oh how I love that kooky guy. Cordelia is going to have such fun with her father.

In case you were wondering my voice does still sounds bizarre. It's a guessing game whether the sounds that come out of my mouth will be low or high. So, I hope that someday I will have my voice back and the hearing in my right ear too.



In case you are wondering why I am showing you yet another picture of boxes let me tell you. I have been in this house nonstop. I think I have left the house for a total of about 30 minutes in the past two days, only leaving to take Bumblebee on short walks as it has been snowy and cold. So I am wigging out on the boxes, they've become the constant in my life.

Maybe we all need to refresh our eyes...so here you go.


Finally we are going to get serious about baby proofing our new digs. I am not talking about putting bumpers on everything and making Cordelia wear a helmet, but just the true dangers like outlets and mini blind cords. Any special baby proofing advice that you care to share?

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

U do know about the locks for the cabinets? they are childproof up to a pt... my son when he was about 4 figured it out... oh, also there is a toilet lid velcro thingy u can put on so nosy little hands don't lift the lid and fall in...

Chrissy said...

4 got to mention.. when she gets a bit older my pediatrician had me keep on hand Ipeac that u can get at the pharmacy- good in case she ingests something that may be poisonous.

Pam Brewer said...

My step-granddaughter helped herself to nuggets of dog food at our house-- She spit them out when she realized they weren't Cocoa Puffs!

affectioknit said...

Good luck with the baby proofing - we put the kind of locks on our cabinets (not the Tupperware one - that one was free game) that have a little tab on the inside and allow the door to be opened enough to depress the tab and open the door all the way - Scout figure that one out almost before he could walk...

Helena said...

I would like to move into a house too but they are just too expensive in the capital area. Luckily we have a nice apartment.

Beth said...

I had a thing about sharp edges. You know like glass coffee tables, desk with sharp corners, stuff like that. I removed them all! When they start walking they are so unstable. I had dreams of them falling and would wake up freaked out. I was a weird mom because I would take them to the park and let them eat dirt and rocks. I had a mother come up to me and say your daughter is eating dirt. I told her its a good mineral content. She looked at me weird. Baby proofing comes natural to most. You'll be fine and just trust your instincts.

the dwellers said...

Sorry you are all boxed in!

It seems like most of the moms I know have a main phobia and child-proof against that danger the most. Drowning, choking, etc. My phobia... poking their eyes. Crazy afraid of that, so our house was free of pencils, tinkertoys and all things long & sharp for years. I'm like the sound track from The Christmas Story, "you'll poke your eye out".

Good luck with those cabinet locks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...