Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Change in Change


Well, yesterday was filled with unexpected dramas. I will spare you the details, but it became clear that we need to move out of our current rental NOW. So we decided to put a hold on the house buying scheme and just move into another rental so we can take our time with the process. When we made that split second decision we didn't really think we'd find a new rental very quickly, but we were feeling pretty desperate. Then lo and behold we found a new place and signed a lease before the day was over. Thank goodness for small mercies!

Now we are speeding up the packing process. Our house is quickly filling with boxes and we will be over to the new place by week's end. I am so excited. The new place is open and airy so it will be just the right thing as we start to enjoy spring...which is supposed to start sneaking in within the next week or so. Wahoo. Now all I need to do is overcome this little cold I've got going and I will feel like a million bucks (I am talking actual bucks, not money).

Ooo, I also get to decorate Cordelia's room. I can't wait!

10 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun, crazy week you're going to have! I can't wait to see pictures of the new place!!

elizabeth said...

wow! a quick move!
i bet you still have some things packed from your last one, though . . .
and the whole rental world can be interesting . . . i know. we moved more times than i would like to remember before we bought our house . . . hopefully you can just be in your new one until you buy a home!

happy packing!

(my word verification is "hubby" - that made me smile - cause you love yours and i love mine!)

affectioknit said...

Sweet! Congratulations! and best wishes with your new digs!

Stacy said...

Oh my... well, good luck with the move! I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm glad you were able to find a place in good time. Enjoy decorating the new place!

..... Carmen said...

Congratulations! How crazy to be moving and making the decision all in one week!

Gen said...

I hope the move goes well and is not too stressful.

dutchgirl (Ellen) said...

Yikes, I hope it wasn't anything untoward. Have fun settling into the new place!

the dwellers said...

Congratulations on finding a great place!

Daughters of Dawn said...

congratulations you two! I sent a package to EK, I hope it arrives before you guys move.
Good Luck and all the best!
E

AKM said...

Congratulations and good luck with the move! Enjoy the decorating.

What a darling picture of Little Miss Pretty-In-Pink! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...