Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Change With the Season


It seems that my life follows the seasons. Does that happen with you? I often find, in retrospect, that many of my big changes happen right along with the season; moves, births, big decisions all seem to happen right as nature takes a turn. It's something to think about. Makes me feel more closely linked to nature.

Now with winter ending we are marking the days as we count down to more change. New growth right along with nature, once again. What does it mean? Does it mean anything? Who knows?



Yesterday Eric came home from work and I looked at him. We've been going head down for a bit now and I asked him to just step outside and take some photos for me, hoping to get him to reconnect with himself as a photographer and to feel the change that is hanging in the air. Here are the photos that he took just as the sun was setting.





5 comments:

eLiZaBeTh said...

I especially feel that way in the fall. School starts, leaves drop. I found out that I was pregnant in the month of October & later got married in September. I do love & look forward to the magic of spring and the simple life of summer. We miss you down here in Denver, but glad to know that you are doing so well up in WY. It has been cold here! Give that sweet baby of yours a hug from your friends at FRM!

bel said...

Thank you for sharing those photos. We don't get to experience the beauty of ice much here in NC and I definitely miss it!

Stacy said...

I think often the changes in life are aligned with the changes of seasons.... it's a lovely little reminder of our place in the universe.

affectioknit said...

I can feel the change coming too - tonight's supposed to be 17 below again - but the longer days have a cumulative effect and the snow will eventually go...

Beth said...

I get two seasons here so it is hard on my productivity. Its either really hot or really cold. Both do not work well for me at all. I take it in stride but I do miss all 4 season. Childhood in Asheville NC was amazing. I think that is when i was most connected with myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...