Friday, February 19, 2010

Dreaming

Old photo, since there are no current photos of me asleep...it's a rare occurrence.

Last night I had a vivid dream, but a ridiculous dream. There was a cobra in my house and it bit Eric. The dream included specific details on how to care for snake wounds; information I must have picked up at some point in my waking life. When I awoke from my dream I had that moment where I had to remind myself that it was only a dream. Then I laughed about it and couldn't wait to tell Eric about the nonsensical intricacies of this particular dream. We had a good chuckle about it.

It is so strange to invest time and emotion into the craziness that goes on between my ears while I am asleep. I always wonder what others dream about and why. Take Bumblebee for instance, that is one animated sleeper. She twitches, moans, sniffs and rapidly breathes while sleeping. What is she dreaming about? I would like to think that she is dreaming that she is participating in the winter Olympics. Or Cordelia, she has such limited experience here on earth. What does she dream about? What were her dreams while in the womb?

Do you know why you dream what you do? Had any interesting dreams you care to share?

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sweet photo - I hope you get some rest...

Hello Lindello said...

I love watching animals dream. Argos gets crazy sometimes and starts moving his legs like he's running.

Helena said...

I have very strange and exciting dreams. Whereas my husband usually dreams about the next day at work or buying a new car. Men... :-)

I think babies might dream about their life as a spirit. And I've heard that little children still remember their previous lives before they learn to talk. These are nice ideas but no one knows. We can only guess - or connect. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...