Thursday, February 25, 2010

I sound like an adolescent boy

I awoke this morning and opened my eyes. Quiet for a moment while I ran a systems check. You see I've been battling a cold the past few days and I am ready to feel normal already. I checked my nose, still clogged, my right ear is still deaf (not really sure why) from this cold, but my throat no longer hurts. So I figured I had made some improvements over night. Good enough for me.

Then I went to greet Cordelia and out honked some weird voice, not mine. It was weak and then strong like I was experiencing the pubescent sounds of a teen boy. I laughed and cleared my throat. Nope, it's still here. So I am having fun with it! I love when my voice goes all crazy like this. I keep making low moans and wails and then ridiculously high pitched wheezy squeals, much to Cordelia's delight. It truly is the little things my friends.


Cold or not, we are getting close to moving day! The excitement is mounting...well at least for Eric and I. Cordelia is indifferent and the animals are blissfully unaware. What a whirlwind this has been. Our house is quickly turning into box central. Cordelia is enjoying all of the packing. Her little hands reach out to inspect each and every item I attempt to pack away.

Anyway, that's where we are at today. What's going on with you?

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

have some hot water w/a wedge of lemon squeezed and some honey... it will cure u, I promise....

Stacy said...

I kind of love when my voice does weird things too... as long as my throat doesn't hurt.

Good luck with the packing!

Hello Lindello said...

oooh get better soon. Sometimes you just have to embrace it and go forward. Good luck packing!

affectioknit said...

That's funny - I kinda liked my voice too the few times I've had laryngitis...

Jessica Harrington said...

hahahha!
that is weird that your animals are unaware... brody is always aware the moment we start packing..or even packing for a trip...he senses something in the air - or how we walk about...

Emily said...

When I my voice gets all raspy and deep, Mike calls it my "sexy voice." Although when my voice gets like that, I usually feel pretty bad, so "sexy" is not a feeling on my horizon.

Good luck packing! Wish I were there to help you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...