Saturday, February 20, 2010

Raspberries


Last night Cordelia was awake late. I sat on the floor as she was rolling on the ground looking around, grabbing her feet and babbling and talking. I watched as she discovered how to blow a raspberry. Tentatively at first. Then she realized that she could repeat this new sound. She reached her little fingers up to her lips and felt them. I am sure she was thinking about the strange tickle that comes with blowing raspberries. Then I did it back at her, her eyes widened. She paused for a moment and went right back to it and then looked at me waiting for me to respond with another one.

Every day is filled with dozens of such discoveries and connections. I am in constant awe as I watch human development unfold before my eyes. She is thriving, she is growing.

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Wait till she starts to talk!...lol...and the endless questions.....I remember when my son made truck noises- u know the 'varoom, varoom'... i have no idea where he learned that... not from me or his sisters... and his dad never made those noises...

Jenny said...

That is so much fun! Aren't you loving it? She is a doll.

Emily said...

She and Lucas could sit and blow raspberries at each other. I love cute baby noises!

sophie said...

oh my goodness she looks like Eric in this photo doesn't she! She is just beautiful Maria, you must be so proud of her!!

Widge said...

wow she is growing so quickly! such a cutie

AKM said...

Wow! It is so amazing to think that everything she's doing, she's doing for the first time ever. Enjoy her!

affectioknit said...

Those first raspberries are so amazing - for both parent and child...

Robin said...

And it only gets better too!

Stacy said...

Such a fun and funny little noise! I can only imagine how much fun you had.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...