Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snow Day Survival Guide

I guess it's still winter. Yesterday it was well above freezing. All of the snow had disappeared except the renegade snow patches that were lingering on in the shadows. The birds were singing...it seemed as though we were on the cusp of spring. Maybe we still are, but we've back tracked a little bit...

Snowy trees

Since Eric has the day off we might as well embrace the snow day. Here is my snow day survival guide:
  • Movie where snow plays an important role. We like things like The Day After Tomorrow, The Shining, Misery, The Thing, Thirty Days of Night, The Day the Earth Froze
  • Vegan hot chocolate!
  • A fort, perhaps.
  • Some company. I've got Eric, Cordelia, Bumblebee, Ophelia and Mia.
  • Dressing warm in a cozy sweater even though you have no intention of going out. I prefer my snuggly black turtleneck sweater.
  • A good book. I am ready to start a new one so I'll have to go through our library, which is already packed up in boxes.
Do you have any snow day survival tips?

4 comments:

AKM said...

I like your movie idea. I think I might also like to go the opposite route and watch movies that have tropical locales. Blue Hawaii comes to mind!

Where do you get your vegan hot chocolate? I usually just heat up chocolate soy milk, but I love to try new vegan goodies.

Blankets and a good book are key! I'm finishing The Pig and I and I plan on reading The Bluest Eye in honor of Black History Month next.

Helena said...

My tip: Go out and enjoy the winter but watch out that your kid doesn't fall under the snow. We still have a lot of it...

Love the images below!

affectioknit said...

We still have so much snow and unless there's a blizzard we don't get snow days - but if we get a significant new snow - I usually make potato soup - my Mom always made it in NC - where it didn't snow all that often - we love vegan cocoa too - and snow cream...

Chrissy said...

Sounds like a good survival guide.. Mine would include baking, cooking extra meals to be frozen for future...Reading is always a good thing also movies... How about cleaning out a closet? and donating to a charity?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...