Sunday, February 21, 2010

This and That


I think today is a this and that kind-o-day. Just a smattering of what's going on in my life and my brain.

Eric and I are trying to see if we can maybe possibly bow out of the renting game and buy our first home! I am not sure that it can happen right now, but we are at least trying. I am desperate to move into a place of my own. I imagine painting and decorating to my heart's desire. I fancy myself to be very hands on when it comes to home repairs...with the exception of plumbing. I will gladly pay someone $75/hour to deal with any toilet problems rather than deal with that myself.

Regardless of whether or not we end up buying, we do need to move. Our current place just doesn't fit our needs. So I have already started packing. Seems like I just did this a year ago...oh yeah I did. The packing process is a bit slower with a baby on my hip, but the boxes are starting to pile up. Box fort ahoy.

I have just started reading Annette Vallon. So far so good. I got the book from a friend. Have any of you read it?

You didn't read that wrong. We have a friend. Actually it's a couple and they are our first new friends in WY. We have a few future meet ups with friends as well and friends to be. It really really helps us to feel at home in Wyoming!!!

I am getting a wisdom tooth in and it is slowly moving my other teeth around. I have always had a bit of a gap in my front teeth, but now it's almost gone and I kind of miss it. I really don't want to have my wisdom tooth pulled though...so I am just embracing the new landscape of my teeth. That was a weird sentence.

Anyway, that's what is going on in my head. What is up with you?

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

$75 an hr.? u r kidding right? the way the mortgage rates are and if your credit history is clean then u shouldn't have an issue .. the trick is finding that house where there aren't contingencies... stay away from the short sale ones- at least the ones in Cali, are a no-no.... those are the ones on the auctioning block w/the bank...

the dwellers said...

Wishing you all the best in your real estate searches... I totally understand wanting to settle in!

Let us know if the wisdom teeth bring more wisdom? Always wondered :)

AKM said...

I've thought about buying a house myself. I don't think I will, though, because I may want to move once I'm done with my MSW. Good luck with your search!

Annette Vallon...is that an author or a book? Must go search on Amazon now...

Robin said...

Yay for meeting new friends!

Police Teeth said...

Yay so glad you met some new friends in WY!

The house stuff is super exiting! Chris and I have been in the process of saving for a down-payment, we should be able to buy next year.

P.S We will be in WY April 22-27. I think those are the days, I will double check and get back to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...