Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3 Random Items



I have a few random thoughts scattered through my brain and I thought I'd share them here with you today...

Random Item #1)Yesterday I was on a lovely walk with Cordelia and Bumblebee. We were enjoying the mild temperatures and our first looks at spring. In the distance I saw a dog, a malamute to be specific, it was not on leash and did not appear to be attended by any human. Oh no, I thought another stray. I always keep my eyes open for stray dogs because I don't want them to approach us. I have a baby and a dog I can't really fend off a potentially aggressive animal. I began to take evasive action when the dog broke into a dead run straight at us. I looked around for anything to put between the dog and us, just in case it was out for a fight. Bumblebee got really excited and ready to play. She has no sense at all when it comes to other dogs. Then, before I knew it the dog raced past us. That's when I realized that there was a car keeping pace with the dog. I peered into the vehicle expecting to see an elderly dog parent, but it was a woman about my age. I could still have written it off that maybe she had a broken leg or something, but the malamute whizzed past us again. Not even breaking stride as it rushed by Bumblebee (she whined in excitement). It crossed a couple of streets and went into an alley, all along it was followed by the car. The dog pooped in somebody's backyard and was about to take off again when the woman hopped out of the car, seemingly in perfect health, and ran to the dog, scolding it and putting it in the back of her vehicle. I couldn't decide if I was more impressed by the lack of motivation she had to walk her dog or the effort it must have taken to train the dog.

Random Item #2: I have several sewing projects in the works, but I think my sewing machine has officially died. Time for a new machine.



Random Item #3: Anybody have any recommendations for a good sewing machine?

Random Item #4: I made vegan French dip last night. It was really good! I used seitan (picked up on our trip to Denver) and the dip was made of veggie broth, liquid smoke and soy sauce. I got the idea from my mom. Thanks mom it was goooood.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I need to buy a new machine too. I'm contemplating using some of my tax return money to buy a high quality camera or a new machine... tough choice!

And that is shocking about the dog... and who doesn't like walking their dog (when it is nice outside)?

Jenny said...

What a lazy dog owner! So weird.
I have a Singer Curvy and I really love it.

affectioknit said...

That was weird about the dog - did she clean up the poop? So glad it wasn't mean...

Hello Lindello said...

That sandwhich sounds SO GOOD.

Maria Rose said...

Nope, she left the poo

Robin said...

I need a new sewing maching too! Let me know what kind you decide on. I haven't done any research yet to see what would be best for me. I let you know if I find anything good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...