Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Contrary

Usually I am quite contrary when people, or tradition, tell me what to do. You say I should wear green toady, well then I am going to wear all blue. Then I keep the folks that like to pinch at bay with an icy stare. Who pinches anyway? That's just rude. Anyway this contrariness is a weird trait that I've always had. I think maybe it's a first child thing. I'm not really sure nor am I particularly proud that I've often had that 'tude.

*As I am typing Cordelia is sitting in my lap,cranky that I won't let her pound on the keyboard and she is whining and moaning and grabbing my hair, it's ridiculous. Just thought I'd share that with you.*

Anyway, as I am getting a bit older I don't feel quite so contrary. I will wear red on Christmas and Valentine's Day if the mood strikes and today I think maybe it's time for a little green. It's my favorite color for heaven's sake. Eric's even in on the act. He has green pants and a green and white tie, that's just crazy festive. So today I shall wear some green. Cordelia too. Maybe a shamrock behind Bumblebee's ear... We are a little bit Irish you know, Cordelia and I, not Eric or Bumblebee (she's French). Maybe we can even get crazy with a little family river dancing...

OK, ya got me this photo was not taken this morning I am still in my pj's right now. My hair is sticking up from Cordelia pulling on it and I think I probably still have sleep crusties, but I will wear some green today!

Are you wearing green today?

13 comments:

Jenny said...

What a cute dress! I love it.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Chrissy said...

Remember in school how if u weren't wearing green on St. Pattie's u would get pinched all day? I love all shades of green...

Tammie said...

love the photo.

no green here. but mainly because ive stopped buying colors and am wearing a uniform of khaki,navy,black, and grey. very boring i know, but easier.

Emily said...

Haha! I think the only green I have on right now is the tiny bit in my plaid pajama pants. Yes, I'm still in my pj's too.

Gypsy said...

You aren't quite half Irish but close...

Elizabeth said...

Yay for jammies! I'm still wearing mine too

Hello Lindello said...

I'm in my pj's too. I will not be wearing green because I don't own anything really green, but If I had a cute dress like that I would!

Helena said...

Such a cute outfit!

Robin said...

Yes! Although not the bright green.

Love the photo of you, you look so stinkin' pretty!!

Stacy said...

Green sweater happily! And now I'm drinking Clover Hill wine.

bel said...

We were all in green, even Husbandguy. Although his green was very close to brown and Pete was tempted to pinch him anyway (because we do that - but not to strangers). Lulu, who had gotten dressed in the same room as I, invited me to show my green undergarments to her teachers this morning (I declined)!

sophie said...

You look beautiful in that picture! We don't really do much for St Pat's, I think other people might go to the pub and have a Guinness or something but we are a bit boring! What do you mean by people pinching you??

Dani said...

Absolutely LOVING the dress. Actually..the whole outfit and the photo itself is fantastic. Nice! I wore a green t-Shirt dress today yes. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...