Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hold Me Accountable


OK, so I am putting it out there in the public domain, mostly so you can hold me accountable. I will start my running regime this very week and compete in a run this summer. I've said it and it's out there. I have chosen a plan and now it's all about seeing it through to success. Not that I am hoping to win any marathons or anything of that sort. I just want to be a model of good health for my daughter. Plus, after having done the whole giving birth thing it seems like pretty much anything else is attainable. I have been working toward the idea and I think I've even mentioned it here a couple of times but now there is nothing holding me back. Time do just go for it!

So, hold me accountable...and join me if you like!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Giving birth DOES give you a sense of being invincible- really after going through THAT- nothing is impossible, nothing will REALLY hurt like that...

Jill said...

Yah--for running--I'm 9 mths preggers...so I will have to wait awhile before I join you! I can't wait to run again. I think about it a lot.

"Running is my religion, the roads, my churches."

eLiZaBeTh said...

I'm in. My 31st birthday is on Monday and I am going to give myself the gift of being in shape.

P.S. it was lovely to see you last week. Love that little sweetie of yours!

Helena said...

I was just thinking of starting running now that the snow is starting to melt. I used to run all the time. It's my favourite exercise. :-)

Hello Lindello said...

Good for you!! I've been a runner for about 9 years now and love it. I'm not fast or anything, but I still sign up for races to keep me going. I find that Hal Higdons training schedules are the best. I would check them out if your looking for one.

..... Carmen said...

Wonderful! What distance are you aiming for? I'm running "right along with you". Looking toward a 10K in September and a 5K in July :)

Maria Rose said...

Carmen I thought I'd aim for a 5k first and then work my way up from there.

the dwellers said...

What a great time of year to start! I love spending time outside in the spring. Good luck with your goals.

Emily said...

I'd love to try to train for a short run. I've never run anything longer than a 2 mile run, so I'd like to set my sights a little higher. And I desperately need to get back into better shape. You can hold me accountable too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...