Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tales From The Move...Cutting the Cheese

So we are getting settled into our new place. Cordelia, Bumblebee, Ophelia and Mia are all adjusting quite well. No dramas on that front, thank goodness. We have been busy with unpacking and arranging things in just the right way.

Cordy

Yesterday the internet guy came over to hook up our internet service. All was going smoothly. I was sitting and quietly playing with Cordelia as he was going about his business. All was quiet in the house when suddenly Cordelia cut the cheese. Now, if you've been around a baby recently then you know just how shockingly loud such an event can be. The internet guy's head swung around to look at me in shock. He'd thought that I'd thrown my manners out the door and just let loose. I laughed and said something like, "Ooo Cordelia is it time to change your diaper?" He smiled, unconvinced, and went back to work.

I was still smiling about it when Cordelia cut the cheese again, this time louder and longer. I started laughing pretty hard. The internet guy looked back at us, wide eyed. I was laughing hard enough that there was no convincing him that it wasn't me. So, he left a short while later and I am certain he went home and told his wife that there was a very weird and very gassy mother at his first appointment of the day.

Anyway, how have you been?

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Ha ha...

Nothing too exciting here... getting ready for jury duty on Friday. I'm really hoping I don't get picked.

Chrissy said...

My three never had loud ones...guess they coined the term SBD...lol

Helena said...

Hope she's happy in her new home.

affectioknit said...

That's so funny! I've even seen babies - slightly older than Cordelia - look around at their backside in wonder at where 'that sound' came from...

Daphne said...

Um, this totally made my day. :)

elizabeth said...

she is such a cute little cheese-cutter, too. :)

glad you are getting settled in! :)

Emily said...

How funny! This made me laugh. :)
Lucas either smiles with relief or opens his eyes wide in surprise after he cuts it. So cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...