Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Truth is in the Towels

Do you ever have those moments where you can see your entire relationship in an instant? Eric and I have one such example, it shows who we are as individuals and it shows how our relationship is...all in the way we hang our bath towels.

towels1

You see Eric is the nice and neat towel hanger. He is precise and always has it together. He is the kind of person who wants to put labels next to all of the art in our house.

Then there is me...a little messy, but trying. If left to my own devices I would probably be pretty disorganized, but that is not the kind of world that I live in. So I am constantly battling every natural tendency I have. I try to be neat and organized, at least my bath towel is always hung up, not crumpled on the floor.

Now, how does this show how we work together? Well, Eric just accepts that I am the unpredictable element in his life when it comes to organization. He knows that I try. I, on the other hand, accept that Eric wants an orderly world where one will never exist. Somehow there is just an acceptance of differences on exhibit in our bath towels.

So there it all is in the bath towels. Which bath towel are you?

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm the neat towel...lol. A friend of mine to this day folds hers in thirds like the hotels do... Well, I liked the look and copied her... My son is a neat freak, one of my daughter's just shoves it any old way and tosses the wash cloth on top of the shower door frame...

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

I have evolved in the bath towel-ness in my life. I used to be the crumpled on the floor, may have been washed every so often towel. Now I am the folded, just the right way, may even re-fold if need be towel. BUT there are still days where I am tempted to throw it on the floor,bed,dresser and leave it...but then I sneak back in and fold and re-fold. haha

eLiZaBeTh said...

Oh, you know where I am on the towel thing! I love to hear that you are trying, because then I don't feel so lonely:) I am still working on finishing organizing the craft room...my goodness, it has taken me forever! I had to stop for a while to send out all of our wedding thank you notes, which have taken me FOREVER, but that is a whole different story. Josh & I bickered last night over where the kitchen towel should really be hung up...then we laughed and realized that just because the previous owner had a hook next to the sink for the towel (totally ridiculous place anyway!!) doesn't mean that we have to hang the towel there. It really is all about acceptance & compromise, isn't it?

Stacy said...

I'm so the neat towel! It just makes my life feel more organized.

Cat said...

lol
yup it's true...ya gotta love it!!!

AKM said...

I always hang up my towel, but it's not usually too neat, so I guess I'm halvsies? Hee hee.

Jill said...

I am def. the not so neat towel. At least I'm hung up :)

Court said...

I'm the crumpled one for sure, but mine would be on the floor! My husband is the neat one, I guess it is better that way. I think two neat people would drive each other nuts and two messy people wouldn't be able to walk around the house!

the dwellers said...

Do all houses have a place to hang up your towel? Hmmm, I'll have to ask Brent if we have one... he would know. :)

Tammie said...

im the neat towel.

jay is the one wadded wet on the bathroom floor.

sophie said...

I am definitely the neat towel, not because I am some super neat organised person, but because I really battle in a house full of slobs, like you I find I am trying really hard all the time!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...