Saturday, April 3, 2010

Antique Shops

Yesterday Eric and I went antique store shopping. We were looking for a few different gifts. We didn't end up buying anything, but I so love just wandering through antique stores and perusing the booths. I am always drawn to the items that make it through time, as though they hold some special importance.

Dishes

Opera Glasses

Bowls

Embroidered Towel

I usually have a list of different things that I am hunting for:
  • Russel Wright dinnerware
  • Anything mid-century really
  • Eva Zeisel
  • Knoll
  • Eames
  • Vintage fabrics
  • Woodblock prints (Japanese)
  • Etc.
What do you hunt for?

5 comments:

Tammie said...

im almost always on the look out for some type of vintage fabric or linens.

but i love the glass bowls in the above picture.

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

I love looking for old photos, or really old books. There is something about looking at an old picture and not knowing the people and making up these interesting lives for them in your head. Love it! And (kinda weird) but I love the way old books smell.

Stacy said...

I love old postcards, unique furniture, vintage fabric and linens, mirrors, and vintage dinnerware. I foresee thrift shopping in my near future....

sophie said...

Fabric, beautiful mugs, stoneware. I am happy just to wander not having to buy, just looking.

AKM said...

I collect Pfaltzgraff dishes in the Yorktowne pattern. Sometime I luck out and find stuff at thrift stores, but most of my collection has come from eBay. I think used is far superior to brand-new, because I like to picture the history of family meals that have been eaten with those dishes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...