Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baby Dialing

A few days ago we were laying in bed, first thing in the morning. My mom had just texted us that they had found their missing cat. Cordelia was being super sweet and cuddly, Eric and I were just lazing about talking and waiting around before starting the day. Cordelia grabbed the cell phone from me and was doing her usual examination.

Cordelia

She passed the phone from hand to hand, trying to put it into her mouth before I intervened. She was smiling and sweet. Eric and I were just soaking it in when quite suddenly I heard a disembodied voice joining us in our bedroom. Nope, it wasn't a ghost, Cordelia had just made a phone call.

I don't even know how she did it. She called a friend that is not on my speed dial. So there was a multi-button push involved in the phone call. Cordelia was smiling.

I could hear that the voice on the other end was from her voice mail, thank goodness because it was still pretty early for phone calls. I hung up the phone and figured that I would have to explain the situation to my friend later in the day. Oops.

Truthfully this isn't the first call that she has made. She also speed dialed my phone from Eric's the other day and vice versa. Why do we keep handing that girl our phones?

She is apparently quite technologically advanced. In fact, the other day I was checking my email and she slammed her tiny fist onto the keyboard and suddenly the images on the display screen were sideways.

Soon she's going to be sending out text messages and have a facebook account. Yikes!

10 comments:

Gypsy said...

Well, tell her to give me a call!

affectioknit said...

So sweet and funny - and yes she will probably have a Facebook account soon too...

Stacy said...

Ha ha... Good job Cordelia!

Chrissy said...

keep her away from your laptop/pc!. lol... kids/babies are so darn smart..

Court said...

I keep waiting for my kid to call 911 and right as I'm having a parent melt-down... She has called her uncle a few times, he is an "a" so he's first...

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Wendy calls phones "Hello"s - it's too funny - whenever she wants to call someone she'll say their name & point at the phone like "Mama! Dada! Hello!" Too cute...

Robin said...

The best part of this happening, is that she just kept on smiling for you!

AKM said...

Ha! Why am I not surprised? I have already suspected that your baby's a genius!

Kate said...

Gorgeous! Its terrifying but true, my 9 year old gives me tech advice all the time.

beautifulladybird said...

She looks so beautiful in this picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...