Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dental Miracle? Perhaps.

Yesterday Eric and I went to the dentist for the first time in (brace yourself) nearly 10 years! OK, so before you tell me that a person should go every 6 months (trust me, I know) let me explain. You see, most students who are enrolled at a university purchase their insurance through the school, as it is the only affordable method, and they don't offer dental insurance. Eric and I went to school for a long time and only have had dental insurance for a short while.

Anyway, yesterday as we drove to the dentist's office Eric suggested that they may just hand us dentures as we walk in the door. Now we both take good care of our teeth, it just seemed impossible that we could really get away without major damage.

I went first as Eric was tending to a sleeping Cordelia. Man alive the world of dentistry has progressed greatly in a decade. The dentist chair was a massage chair! Yes please!!! I could have fallen asleep right there had Jamie not been poking at my mouth with her little metal tools. She said, "I never would have guessed it's been so long, your teeth look great!" Wahoo, I thought. She did warn that the dentist may see things differently, but he agreed and complimented me on my teeth, suggesting that they were too straight and I must've had braces, nope...just lucky. He didn't even want to pull my wisdom teeth. Not a cavity!!! Can you believe that!?!?!

Eric at dentist
Eric at the dentist
Now, you may be wondering why I posted about this and I am beginning to wonder the same thing, but I've already gotten this far.

So maybe you can tell me a dental miracle of your own, a horror story about dentistry, or anything else.

8 comments:

affectioknit said...

Yay! for no cavities!

Linda said...

No cavities in the 6 years I didn't go to the dentist! (Same story as yours, being a poor student for too long)

Robin said...

And you have a beautiful smile to match those pearly whites!

..... Carmen said...

I'm so impressed - you must floss? How did Eric fair?

Maria Rose said...

He got away with it too, not quite as free and clear as myself, but very little damage done! Thank goodness.

sophie said...

I am a bit slack about the dentist too, I think the last time I went was about 5 years ago and my teeth were great thank goodness! I suppose I should think about going back!

AKM said...

I didn't have a cavity until I was about 27. I had braces, but my teeth still moved and I have a space between my front teeth that I'm currently fixing with a retainer. Fun! ;-)

Stacy said...

I'm overdue for the dentist... by about 6 months. I really must call.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...