Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Door to Nowhere

I am in love with the doors that go nowhere. If you have memorized every single one of my 900ish blog entries then you will certainly recall the door to nowhere story. For those of you who were not blessed with photographic memories then you can just click on the link to catch up.

Black and white

Eric spotted this door while walking through a nearby alley. He pointed it out because he knows how much I love strange architectural features and reasonless doorways in particular. You can see at the top of the stairs a large windowed door that opens out onto nothing.

I am not sure if it's because I think they are a metaphor for something...don't know what or if I am just curious about the decision that somebody had to make to put up a door that leads to nowhere. Along those lines I really want to visit the Winchester House! Have you ever been there?

5 comments:

..... Carmen said...

There is a door downtown in the plus 15 (15 feet above ground walk way system) that goes nowhere. It even has a bridge to get to it, but no door onto the bridge. It has always fascinated me :)

Jill said...

I live right by the Winchester house! Literally 10 minutes from it. It is really cool, and there are a lot of perplexing doors to nowhere and oddities in it.

Helena said...

I find those doors scary. And the Winchester house! Strange you should mention it now when I've been thinking about it so much. Synchronicity maybe? It's in the air...

sophie said...

Wow, I have never heard of the Winchester house, so I clicked on your link and got stuck on that site - what an amazing albeit sad story of Mrs Winchester! That house looks amazing I would love to visit one day.

AKM said...

As soon as I read the title of this post and started to read it, I thought, "She would probably love the Winchester House," LOL! Nope, never been, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...