Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Few Things About Her

When she was first born she was this precious bundle, but we didn't really know her, what she was like, what she would be like. Now we are getting a taste of this little gal's personality, there is no shortage!

She is musical, we had a hunch even before she was born. When I was in my third trimester we went to a percussion show and she was bouncing around in there. I looked at Eric and said that I thought we had a musical girl. We smiled thinking it was just a fluke. When she was born she first responded to music and then there was Lady Gaga. Just a couple of days ago she awoke from a deep sleep the moment she heard a Lady Gaga song...

She is crazy about cups...not really sure how this will translate into her likes/dislikes later.

She loves being in her skivvies. Hope that doesn't translate into her likes/dislikes later.

Cat fancy
She has become totally obsessed with the animals. I can be in the middle of an engaging activity and then it's like tractor beams pulls her in, she spots one of our animals and there's no hope, game over. She will use every muscle in her body to focus her energy on that animal. I am already warning the cats and Bumblebee to watch out because this little girl will soon be able to do more than log roll and there will be no stopping her.

It's so crazy to watch this little personality developing and to realize that I have very little influence over it. Eric and I get to attempt to guide her as she goes along. What a gift.

7 comments:

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

It's the exact same way with Wendy - I really noticed it when I was spring cleaning her room. Before she was born I fixed the nursery how I imagined she would like it, but she's moved tings around - brought stuff in, taken stuff out, and generally made the room reflect her personality and I'm thinking "Wow! How can someone so tiny be so intense?" Also, she's is NUTS about our pets. She always wants to hug them and kiss them and screams "Hi Enjou!" or "Hi Pixie!" (or whoever - she knows all their names) whenever she sees them. Then they run and hide...losers...

Chrissy said...

Love that picture!....I am so glad your fur babies weren't jealous of her.... Your days and years will be full of amazement...

..... Carmen said...

It's so much fun isn't it :) Grace still does some of the stuff she did as an infant - it has to be intrinsic. I keep watching Aidan wondering who he'll be. It's pretty awesome to be able to watch them grow and become the people they are meant to be!

Robin said...

Yes, it is a wonderful gift!

Gypsy said...

Even the back of her head is cute!

Stacy said...

I have the exact same reaction to Lady Gaga. ;-)

Great post!

the dwellers said...

I agree, getting to really know our children's personalities has been one of the greatest blessings.
She is blessed to have parents that love her enough to invest the time and energy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...