Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Signs

The first signs of spring are finally showing themselves. When I am out walking I see Cordelia's little hand reaching out for buds on nearly bursting branches. I let her feel the fuzzy new growth, a running commentary that someday she will understand. Bumblebee is burying her nose in the clumps of new grass, dizzy with the heady scent. Then, of course, she bolts off as though there was a shot of caffeine at the bottom of the bush or grass clump.

The days are longer and sometimes warmer, though we are in Wyoming. No doubt about it, spring is finally here.

flowers

leaves

flowers

grass

Is it spring where you are?

11 comments:

affectioknit said...

There are buds on the trees and the farmers are itching to get into the fields - so it must be...

Chrissy said...

MOST definitely... Humming birds, finches, blue jays, sparrows, robins, and the ugly crows are back.. Flowers are blooming..Nurseries are busy too

Stacy said...

Don't you love spring?!? I've been adoring the change. It's so pretty and everything smells lovely.

Speaking of spring, my word verification word is "feast." Isn't spring a feast for the eyes?

redhoney76 said...

It is raining here-but-spilled my coffee this morning over a sure sign of Spring. What I thought might be a terribly wounded animal in the middle of my street at 7:21 this morning turned out to be three-3!-ducks mating! Someone must have played them that old Beatles song, "Why don't we do it in the Road?"

AKM said...

Yep, it's spring, although the last few days have been chilly. My favorite part of spring? Lilacs! They smell like my childhood in Tennessee.

..... Carmen said...

I was just noticing the other day that our trees are now starting to bud, and it has been smelling like rain :) Spring has arrived in Alberta! (& with it our first snowfall last week) ;) lol

elizabeth said...

we are in full-blown springtime here after some rain this weekend. everything has just popped! leaves and green grass and some flowers . . . and in my garden - lots of weeds, which i was happily pulling yesterday. why are weeds so much more fun to pull in april than in july?

Emily said...

Yes it is! Warmer weather (in the 70's most days), birds everywhere, trees blooming (redbuds are my favorite). Love it!

Gypsy said...

Beautiful pictures!

Robin said...

Yes! Lovely photos my dear.

Helena said...

Lovely images. I wish I could go out too but we have a terrible cold. Luckily the kids are better now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...